Media player comes back with COOD10D1 error, have sound no picture on DVD
I have a cd which when played back on my older computor with media player 6 it plays but on my newer computer with version player 9 I only get sound and an automatic skin playing. It comes back with the error COOD10D1 (XVID MPEG-4). Its some kind of codic error.
I want to copy it to a general CD or DVD so it will play on all my computers and DVD home theator. Can you help me please?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As you may have already notice, there isn't a problem with your driver.
However to gain a better understand the problem you rule out a couple of things. However, if the this problem is only present in windows media player. Then you should try another play i.e. VLC media player.
1. Go to you device manager and make sure the device is working properly. If not try uninstalling the device, restarted the computer letting windows discover the device again.
2. Next go to windows media player file (press "alt" key to get toolbar in newer version. Select options -> devices select your speaker -> properties and be sure that your audio device is available and selected.
3. Finally if all these options has failed, please use an alternative media like the one mention above (VLC media player).
I hope this have been a great help in your troubles. Please provide feedback on the solution.
Hi Sir, The problem is with the codec that is require to play
sound.You can resolve this by playing your DVD in another player like
VLC media player or you will have to install the latest codec pack
which supports major Audio and Video formats.
Following are the links to download both the VLC media player and K-Lite mega codec pack- Download any one of them and install on your system.I am pretty sure this will resolve your problem.
Is this problem with windows media player only or with rest players also.
You try to repair your media player using your XP installation CD and then install a good codec pack such as XP codec pack or K-Lite codec pack.These are available for free .
Hope this works for you.