Question about Canon Printers & Copiers
Error message = "Waste ink tank full". Called Canon; they basically said, "Buy a new printer". Well, except for a full ink tank, there's nothing wrong with this printer. How difficult can it be to replace a waste in tank?
George in Dallas
This may be worth a try
Canon S9000, S300, S400, i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i9100, i9950, PIXMA iP3000 above,
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
If the other solution doesn't work its a big strip down job to get to the waste tank, they normally have one at both ends of the carriage (where the cartridge grunts and grinds) Really you have nothing to lose, it will cost you a new printer if you don't try, so have a go use loads of patients and if you finally manage to get to the tank/s the ink will be like tar and very thick, take your time to clean this out thoroughly and maybe, just maybe you wil be able to put your printer back together and it will work. Personally I would go get a new printer anyway but if it works stick it on ebay.
Posted on Oct 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2013 | Canon MultiPASS MP730 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP8500 InkJet Photo Printer
May 10, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 03, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS MP390 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 14, 2009 | Canon i350 InkJet Printer
May 17, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS F80 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 27, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS MP730 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 14, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i550 InkJet Printer
199 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!