if you wireless Lan still says of even if switch is on and red light for wireless is on then it is disabled in device manager, please right click on computer and then properties then you need to click on device manger in hardware tab, now please find network controller and you will see Intel 2200BG listed under it right click on it and click on Enable and it will work.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The WLAN switch on the Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) is what turns the wireless capabilities of the console on and off. Unfortunately, it can easily come loose, causing your PSP to be stuck without connectivity. And if the switch is completely broken, you will need to purchase a new one and install it. Luckily, whether it is loose or broken, fixing the PSP WLAN switch requires only a small amount of effort, allowing you to reconnect to the Internet in very little time
can you check on your computer whether you got the drivers of WLAN or not - give a try with these few steps please
1. device manager (right click on my computer icon on desktop and select properties - select tab hardware - select device manager ) and check in the right pane for network adapters , under network adapters ull find the wireless name , check the status by double clicking on it .
2.go control panel -network connection (for xp ), network and sharing center - manage network connections on left (vista) , network and sharing centre - change adapter settings on left (win 7) and please check for wireless adapter status -says enable or disable
make sure both are enabled and then check with the wifi switch on your machine .
Above the keyboar there is the power button right from that there is the lock button and right from that the wlan buttton. after pressing that on the bottom right there should be a blue light lighting up. if not, there is no internal wlan card connected. (see nc8000 manual)
Its possible that your wlan switch is set to the off position try to find a wlan switch and slide or press the button to turn wlan on.
BTW Sony has the wlan switch on the right side,
Acer usually has the switch on the front
HP has a button on near the keyboard
Compaq also has a button near the key board
the problem can be many:--
1.go to device manager and check under network adapters,,whether any wireless card is present or not,,if yes,,check whether there is a yellow bang beside it??if yes then the drivers need to be reinstalled,,if it still doesnt resolve the prob. then the hardware may be faulty.sometimes u might see a option "network controller" then u need to reinstall the WLAN card drivers.but if you dnt see any option of WLAN card or network controller,then u hav to open up the computer and reseat the card.if still doesnt work,,then replace the card
1) Verify if Wi-Fi WLAN interface of your notebook is OK. 1a) Check whether HW switch is ON and the wireless system service is running. 1b) Switch on the WLAN Access Point (router) SSID broadcasting. 1c) Scan WLAN networks by the notebook. Can you see your home WLAN? If not, there is HW or SW problem in your wireless adapter probably. If WLAN is visible, continue by next steps.
2) Remove all WLAN security on both sides (AP and notebook): Authentication = none/open, encrytption = none. 3) Activate DHCP server in the router and set the dynamic IP assigning on WLAN notebook interface. 4) Select your home WLAN SSID in the list and try to connect. 5) Wait and check status. Is WLAN connected? Does obtain the notebook an IP address? 6) In success case set the WLAN security.