Can't get pass the logo screen
OK, this happened to me just yesterday, and I fixed it. Here's what you need to do.
1. Connect your iPAQ to your PC. You don't need ActiveSync, but you do need to make sure that your PC can actually communicate with your iPAQ.
2. Go to where you extracted the ROM update files. It's probably at "C:\iPAQ\SP26263" or something like that.
3. Download a hex editor. Here's one: http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm#download
4. Use the hex editor and open up H2B11020uo.nbf
5. Maximize the hex editor to full screen. Look at the right screen where it says "hp ipaq h1940 1.10.20 ENG". Fill up the top row with zeros. The words "hp ipaq h1940 1.10.20 ENG" will disappear.
6. Within "C:\iPAQ\SP26263", open up ROMUpdateUtility. It won't recognize your device (WHICH IS GOOD). Then you can reinstall the ROM update.
Mar 03, 2008 |
HP iPAQ H1940 Pocket PC