Question about Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
I just got a Canon Pixma iP2000 from a friend. She had bought it and a computer system to teach her mom how to use the internet. Needless to say, the printer has never been used,
I loaded brand new color/black ink cartridges and can not get any colors other than, black, green and blue.
There has been no other model of cartridge, no refills, etc and the warranty is expired. How do I fix this problem? Or can I?
Try cleaning the print head as follows, otherwise a new print head.
OK, Canon will hate me for posting this.
1. Remove ink cartridges
2. Remove print head
3. go to sink or tub (stainless steel, not plastic type), pick up a roll of paper towel on the way.
4. Fold several layers of paper towel and place on flat surface.
5. Run hot water until HOT!
6. Turn hot water back to a dribble.
7. Run the dribbling hot water through print head, be careful not to wet the gold contacts.
8.When water running through print head is clear, place print head on paper towel.
9. Repeat number 7 and 8 until no colour shows on paper towel.
10. Gently DAB print head (DO NOT WIPE) inside and out with dry paper towel until dry.
11. I normally replace print head after drying, but you may wish to let it air dry overnight.
12. Replace print head in printer and install cartridges
13. Start printing.
I do this to all 4 of my Canon printers every 6 months or so.
If any colour fails to print after this process it means your print head probably needs replacing.
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
Sep 15, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
Aug 09, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
Apr 09, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
Mar 12, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
Mar 25, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
255 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!