If you haven't already been to Microsoft support, then follow the instructions below:
This issue may occur if any of the following conditions is true:
- The installation of the System
Pack was canceled.
- You did not let Microsoft Internet Explorer to install.
If third-party software un-registers a very important Microsoft Money
component. Currently, SnapStream Personal Video Station (PVS) software
and Cellar! software may cause this issue.
Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\msxml3.dll"
in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
On Microsoft Windows 2000-based computers, type regsvr32 "c:\winnt\system32\msxml3.dll"
in the Open box.
If you receive the "LoadLibrary(msxml3.dll) failed
- The specified module could not be found" error message, follow these
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Open, and then click Yes to accept the License Agreement.
- Click Browse, click Desktop, and then click OK two times.
- On the desktop, double-click the msxml3.cab file, right-click the msxml3.dll file, and then click Extract.
- In the Select a Destination dialog box, click the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder, and then click Extract.
Note On a Windows 2000-based computer, click the C:\Winnt\System32 folder.
- Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 msxml3.dll in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
In the unlikely event that these steps do not resolve the issue, repeat
step 6 three times. Every time, substitute Msxml3.dll in step 6 with
the following files:
Download and install the latest version of MDAC
To upgrade to latest version of the Microsoft Data Access Components, follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of MDAC. To do this, visit the following MSDN Web site:
you still experience this issue, and you are running Microsoft Money
2002, Money 2003, or Money 2004 use the following additional methods.
Reinstall the Microsoft Money System Pack
- Insert the Microsoft Money installation CD into the
CD drive or the DVD drive. Hold down SHIFT to prevent the installation screen
- Open the installation file. To do this in Windows Vista, click Start
, type D:\syspack.msi in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
To open the installation file in Microsoft Windows XP and earlier versions, click Start, click Run, and then type D:\syspack.msi in the Open box. In this example, D:\ is the drive letter of the CD drive.
- Click OK.
- Follow the prompts for the installation process.
If the previous steps do not help, see the "Remove and reinstall the Money System Pack" section.
Remove and reinstall the Money System Pack
Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following
steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product
documentation to complete these steps.
- Locate Microsoft Money System Pack in the list of installed
programs. To locate Microsoft Money System Pack in the list of
installed programs in Windows Vista, open the Programs and Features item in Control Panel. To do this, click Start
, type appwiz.cpl
in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
To locate Microsoft Money System Pack in the list of installed programs in Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- In Windows Vista, click Microsoft Money System Pack, and then click Uninstall.
In Windows XP and earlier versions, click Microsoft Money System Pack, and then click Remove.
- Follow the steps for the removal process.
- Repeat the steps in the "Reinstall the Microsoft Money System
Hope this is of some use :)