How to Retrieve Deleted Contacts from a BlackBerry?
To retrieve deleted contacts from the call log is a simple task that can be achieved by accessing the call log on the BlackBerry handset. However, if the deleted entry wasn't listed on your call log, BlackBerry Desktop software is the only solution for you. It's a tool for backing up and restoring phone data to your computer. According to BlackBerry, you must regularly back up files to your computer so you can recover device data if it ever gets lost, stolen or corrupted. To recover the deleted contacts using the latter method, you must already have the backup file saved on your PC.
<b>Retrieving an Unsaved Contact</b>
1. Hold down the "ALT" key on your BlackBerry.
2. Type "LGLG."
3. Press "Menu" > "Options."
4. Scroll down into the events list, and press "Menu."
5. Select "Hide All Types."
6. Scroll down the list, and highlight the "PhoneApp" option.
7. Press "Menu."
8. Select "Toggle Filter."
9. Select "Menu" and choose "Save." Now all calls and numbers dialed from your phone will be shown to you. You will have to do a lot of digging to find the particular deleted number you're looking for. When you find it, select the particular entry to see the full number.
<b>Retrieving Contacts through Backup</b>
1. Connect your BlackBerry to the computer through its USB data cable.
2. Launch BlackBerry Desktop software with which you had backed up your data earlier. Go to "Start" and search for the "BlackBerry Desktop" program.
3. Click the "Device" tab on the application window.
4. Click "Restore." Select a backup file that contains the contacts that are to be restored. You will find contacts under the "Organizer" tab. Simply check the box next to "Contacts."
5. Click "Restore." The deleted contacts will then be restored, after which you can disconnect the USB cable.
on Jun 06, 2011 | Cell Phones