Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Replacing monitor Hi, my CRT monitor went the tubes or something in the monitor went. I'm looking for a replacement I would like an LCD monitor but do I need to up grade anything on my computer to handle these type of monitors? Spec. Dell 8300 RAM 2gig +150 hard dr. GeForce FX 5200 P.S. Recommend any used LCD's much appriecated

Posted by on

  • scotta38 Jul 03, 2008

    Thank you for the link ;)



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,512 Answers

Hi scotta38

Any new monitor will just plug in for you mate. As for a brand, or source, I find that governmet auctions are the best place to get one. or places like graysonline I am in Australia, but I am sure sites luke this exist everywhere, Ebay can land a bargain also.


Posted on Jun 29, 2008

  • Graeme Ross
    Graeme Ross Jul 03, 2008

    no worries mate. :)



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

There are some kind of coloured dots and patches all over the monitor and the same thing appears even after switching it off and switching it on again.

Seems that you Monitor is having issues with the pixels.
You mentioned that it also is present when turning ON and turning the Monitor OFF right, if that is the case then you monitors screen needs to be replaced.
A pixelated monitor can only be fixed if replaced.
When you say Monitor do you mean a CRT Monitor or an LCD Monitor? for a CRT Monitor it is just going to be like a TV the picture tube can be repaired or a part can be replaced but for an LCD Monitor that will be replacing the LCD Panel.

Aug 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Monitor is green screen

I'm going to assume this is a conventional tube-type (CRT) monitor since your problem seldom occurs on LCD models.

First, try another monitor if you haven't yet. It's possible the trouble is in the video circuitry of the computer, although this is quite rare. You'll probably find the monitor is at fault.

A picture tube needs to make three colors: red, green and blue. It's possible the transistor or integrated circuit controlling the green output has failed and is turning the green on all the time. This is a problem which can be fixed by replacing the bad part, which is only a couple of dollars (not including repair labor).

But it's also possible the tube itself has gone bad and is causing the green to stay on all the time because of an internal short circuit. In this case, the part needing replacement is the CRT. It's completely uneconomical (and usually impossible) to replace the CRT and set it up properly. The cost of the repair far exceeds what it costs to buy a new LCD monitor now.

In general, it's not worth making any repairs on a CRT monitor unless you can do the work yourself or know someone who can. Even if you can find a shop that repairs them, with labor charges you usually only need to spend a little more to replace one. Now is probably the time.

Jun 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet

2 Answers

Samsung Syncmaster 2220wm. All of sudden, the monitor went black. It does not show any light at all on the screen. The power light is on (light comes on green). I connected a different monitor, it worked...

Power capacitors on the power board most likely gone. You could get a qualified technician to investigate and repair by replacing the blown capacitiors ( you may notice a charring smell from the back of the monitor if they have gone). Cost of replacement is however likely to be more than the monitor replacement is worth. unlike CRT monitors, these are not designed to be easily repaired

Mar 27, 2011 | Samsung SyncMaster 2220WM 22" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

I have a black spot on my crt samsung monitor screen

I know some people still prefer old CRT monitors over more modern LCD monitors even today. Unfortunately Cathode Ray Tubes or CRTs aren't serviceable since they are a factory vacuum sealed unit and this probably why no-one has replied. The black dot is probably a burn mark on the inside of the CRT if it's always there. When there's a problem with the CRT itself there's nothing one can do except replace the unit and it's not worth changing the tube as it will cost much more than the monitor is worth and anyway I'd be very surprised if they even bother making these old parts any more. One can buy 17" CRT monitors as cheap as 10 pounds and larger CRT monitors for a bit more at recycling businesses like Speedie Computers near Birmingham in the UK, so if you you still want to use an old CRT monitor, replacing the whole unit is certainly the best option. There's currently still an excess of old CRT monitors that need recycling after being replaced by newer LCD monitors and recycling companies like Speedie often have literally pallet loads piled up high and they'll be only too glad to let you take one or more off their hands for next to nothing. It's better if you can find somewhere local to yourself rather than purchasing online if at all possible or you'll probably end up paying more in postage than the cost of a replacement used CRT monitor because they're fragile, heavy and bulky to transport.

Sep 18, 2010 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Hi what is the model number for an e70fb backlight? i need to replace

ViewSonic E70fb 17" CRT Monitor, it is not LCD flat panel monitor, it does not have backlight assemblies. It uses picture tube (CRT).
Are you asking about ViewSonic E70fb 17" CRT Monitor problem or other model?

Sep 06, 2010 | ViewSonic E70fb 17" CRT Monitor

2 Answers

LG 37lc2 no red

open your monitor and resolder the CRT board. CRT board is a board that attach to picture tube .

Feb 20, 2010 | LG Flatron F700P 17" CRT Monitor

1 Answer

Samsung 914v 19" LCD pixels went out

your lcd micron tube in the panel had already worn out.
got to replace the panel

Jan 31, 2010 | Samsung SyncMaster 914V 19" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

Replacing old crt monitor with lcdmonitor

you will need to update a new driver for the monitor
if it's too old you will need a new video card thats compatible with the new monitor.Which i think your brtter off doing.
please don't forget to rate me

Jan 31, 2009 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Dell Dimension 4600

when the screen goes away try to wigle the cable from the computer to the monitor see if it could be that

Dec 27, 2007 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

385 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14161 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides