Lexmark X4270 Error 1200 Fix - Click here for document link
1. Unplug printer from wall and remove power supply.
2. Unplug any phone lines or USB cords connected.
3. Remove printer attachments, paper trays and phone.
Figure 1 - Printer paper holder and completed print tray
4. Lift the front cover of the printer and remove the white rubber bar by pulling the blue lever on right towards you.
Figure 2 – Top view of printer showing the white rubber feed bar with purple attachment
5. Remove the screws underneath the front cover (6 screws), back ofprinter (2 screws), and bottom of printer (1). View the images below tofind where to remove the screws.
Figure 3 - Top view of printer showing which screws to remove.
Figure 5 - Bottom view of printer. Image on left is cover to screw. Gently remove ribbon cable to reveal the gold screw beneath
6. Flip the front cover open and gently lift the top of the printer cover. Keep front cover open.
7. Remove the ink cartridges out of their carriage.
Figure 6 - Displays ink cartridge carriage with ink cartridges removed.
Caution: Electrical hazard. Keep hand and metal pieces clear of board or any other electrical wires or parts.
NOTICE: The ink cartridges are all the way to one end. If the X4270 isplugged in, the cartridge carrier is stuck and doesn’t move. Afterfurther investigation a noticeable small black plastic lever ispreventing the ink cartridges from moving. Photo below shows lever upand down (cartridges already moved in image below).
Figure 7 - Shows inside of X4270 and the lever that causes error #1200.Image on left displays lever up. Image on right displays lever down.
8. Push lever down clockwise so it is flush with plastic wall. Refer to image on right in Figure 6.
9. Lift the front cover open (if not already open) and plug in theX4270. Cartridges should move to center as if preparing for replacement.
10. Unplug the X4270 and remove power supply.
11. Remove bottom assembly carefully.
Figure 8 - Displays bottom assembly with lever and spring
Note: The cause of this problem is the spring slides out of place overtime, probably because of ink shed on one end of its loop and loopattachment.
Figure 9 - Displays loop attachment
12. Place spring in loop attachment and use hot tip of heated toolto melt top of loop attachment to prevent further errors. Melt top ofloop attachment similar of that to a mushroom top.
Figure 10 - Displays fix for jammed carriage.
13. Reattach the lever to the bottom assembly and slide back into place inside the X4270.
14. Plug in and check if operational.
15. Reassemble X4270 using steps 3-7.