Question about Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
I have a primarily red screen with some blue once in a while and a fuzzy look to the entire picture. This happened overnight after 4 years of having the TV. I called Hitachi and they mentioned a light engine, which I got and nothing new happened. No fix and a stupid light engine! :(
I had whole redish/pinkish screen on my 50v500 starting a few days ago, then I read through each of the threads on this site for the samilar problems on my model. I found TVtechmaniac's solution (pasted below) solved my problem. Thank you TVtechmaniac!
Enter the I2C Service Menu, be sure the power is OFF.
1. On the front control panel, press and hold the INPUT button.
2. Then press the POWER button for two seconds.
3. You may keep the INPUT button depressed until you see the OSD with the Service Menu displayed.
4. If you don't see the service menu, please repeat Process making sure you wait until the Power blinking LED stops.
5. Execute the Memory Initialize operation after the adjustment values have been written on a sheet of paper. Highlight “MEMORY INTI”, arrow to the right and hold the button to the right (approx 5 sec.) until a check mark appears in the box. This activates the Memory Initialization.
6. After the Memory initialize operation has finished (10~15 sec, the channel will revert to CH 3.) the pink image symptom should be fixed.
7. Write back the adjustment values from your notes to their respective adjustment parameters in the adjustment mode. (In other words, set the Data Values back to the the Data values written down before the Memory Initialization procedure). NOTE: Make sure the SELECT Button is pressed on remote after every change to the values. Failure to do so will result in the data values not being changed.
8. Exit I2C menu. Press exit repeatedly until you go back to the normal picture.
9. Turn the set off-on and Confirm the picture remains in a good condition.
BE SURE TO COPY DOWN DATA SETTINGS BEFORE INITIALIZING I2C SETTINGS
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
So is it not the bulb when you get a redish bluish screen
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
I saw a similar procedure but first you have to set the input for an unused one... maybe ANT2 or video2, video3, video4, or whatever is not currently hooked in to any working input sources, then pwer off and try the 12C menu procedure..
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
Not worth a monkeys ****!!! Idiot
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2012 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Perform Memory Initialization. NOTE: You must write down some data values before performing initialize.
Check this status of the picture. It will determine what part need replacement
Apr 29, 2011 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Feb 07, 2010 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jan 05, 2010 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jul 09, 2009 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Nov 24, 2007 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: