Question about Computers & Internet
The printer works at times, but sometimes it says "No connection" and all cables, USB ports are all connected. I usually disconnect and reconnect, and at times that solves the problem. I even recently purchased a new USB cable and it still said no connection. What is the problem?
I assume that your printer is connected to a network. if so, it could be that the printer is set to use dhcp for the ip address. and if that's the case, it's better to set the printer to use static ip address since there would come a time that the dhcp server (a router most of the time) would provide another ip addresses to all the devices connected to it. that could be the reason why you are getting a "no connection" message (disconnecting and reconnecting it at times would solve the problem temporarily).
here are the steps on how to set static ip on the printer using a windows computer.(Note: the installation cd can automatically assign a static IP address as long as the printer does not obtain a dynamic (dhcp) address)
- boot up your computer the normal way so it'll get an ip address from your dhcp server
- then turn off your dhcp server so that the printer will not get any ip address via dhcp
- reset the printer to set its factory default configuration (with no dhcp address)
* unplug the printer from the power
* plug the power cord back in while holding in the printer’s
report button (it will try to find a dhcp server; after about three
minutes of no dhcp response, the printer will default to a static ip address of 184.108.40.206
- then print a configuration page to confirm that the ip address of the printer is set to 220.127.116.11
- then press the report button (wait until IP address is 18.104.22.168 before proceeding. if it remains set to 0.0.0.0, check the network cable connection to the printer and to the network is secure. If some other address appears repeat steps 3 and 4 until the default address appears
- you can now start the software installation cd
*during the installtion, follow these steps:
- select the model of the printer that you are using which is hp officejet before clicking on "next"
- then select "do network settings for me, then press "next
*follow the instructions on the remaining install screens
- the software will pick an ip address in the private 169.254.x.x range (not available on the open Internet) and permanently assign it to the printer. it will also set up a static route to that address in the computer’s printer configuration
- turn the dhcp server back on by turning on the dhcp server by
connecting your cable/dsl modem or dhcp to the network. because the hp now has a permanent static ip address, it will
no longer try to use dhcp server to get an address
- install the software on the other computers on the network who will be using the printer. the installation software will discover the hp printer at the 169.254.x.x address, and will add the static IP address in each computer’s printer configuration
Note: if the installation cd will permit you to change th private ip address from 169.24.x.x, it's better to set it on the same range as of the ip address given by your dhcp server (for example your dhcp server provides ip addresses starting from 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.250, set the printer's ip address to 192.168.1.59-below or any ip address that will not compromise any ip addresses that were already being used by your other devices)
hope this'll help you but if you'll have other concerns just ask me.
Posted on Jun 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
One bad lead can cause a computer to continue on a cycle or
to shutdown or fail to detect/ boot up a computer hard drive
Test all leads that attach to your hard drive including
the leads from your
"((motherboard to your hard drive))" make sure they have a secure connection and
are not faulty or just replace them they could be faulty
make sure all leads that are attached to your drives dvd\cd 3 1/2 inch floppy have secure connections and are not faulty even the electrical extensions or just replace them they could be faulty a computer needs its connections to continue its cycle and have an end so any faulty leads will end up with a computer error
try blowing out all of the dust from your keyboard using a fine air blower from an air compressor making VERY sure there is no MOISTURE in the lines.
dust causes static which causes lots of problems with a computer and its parts
click start control panel keyboard hardware then properties you should see driver details,you will have options to update driver,roll back driver,uninstall
make sure you have the driver for the keyboard before uninstalling the driver
make sure the lead is good and has a secure connection diconnect the keyboard then reconnect it then reinstall the driver(if applicable)
make sure the usb device is inserted correctly into the usb port (if applicable)
hope this helps
as for the mouse
make sure the lead has a secure seating if applicable or the usb device
make sure the battery is good (has full charge)also you might test the usb device for the mouse is inserted correctly into the usb port (if applicable)
click start control panel mouse you should see 4 tabs buttons,pointers,pointer options also hardware under hardware you can troubleshoot or
select properties under driver you will have the options to update driver,rollback driver or uninstall and under hardware you can troubleshoot the device
hope this helps
Apr 26, 2011 | HP (308615-001) (308615001) 240-Watt Power...
Apr 05, 2011 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Feb 17, 2010 | HP Alpha and Omega HP-500-G12S 500W ATX12V...
Nov 21, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 12, 2009 | Enlight Intel Xeon 470 WATT EN-470 MP...
Jan 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 02, 2009 | Enlight Intel Xeon 470 WATT EN-470 MP...
Jul 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
310 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!