Question about Durabrand DUR7 Portable DVD Player
Dvd player says NO VALID DISC when in bought the unit
Duarbrand portable DVD players are no longer supported by Walmart because the company contracted to manufacture them is no longer in business. Ripoffreport.com has several complaints on the product line. Walmart has been exchanging the item.
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
Most DVD players that would display such a message even with a known good disc inside signifies that the that the laser eye/lens is not reading the disc. This could probably be attributed to:
1. dirty, damaged, inverted, blank, un-finalized burned CDs or DVDs;
2. defective, weak burned-out laser eye/lens;
3. defective slider shafting (where the laser eye's carriage moves.
A few things you can try:
1. Use a CD cleaner (readily available from most computer shops);
2. use a can of compressed air and blow through the inside of the loaded disc area;
3. gently tap on the top cover where you estimate the reading/laser eye/lens would be;
4. gently press on the tray door once the disc is loaded.
Should this not be corrective, perhaps your best bet would be to seek the services of a qualified professional such as those in a Service Center. Alternately, your friendly neighborhood electronic shop should do just fine.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kindest regards.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2010 | Durabrand DUR7 Portable DVD Player
Jul 17, 2009 | Durabrand DUR7 Portable DVD Player
Jun 16, 2009 | Durabrand DUR7 Portable DVD Player
Apr 28, 2009 | Durabrand DUR7 Portable DVD Player
Nov 06, 2007 | Durabrand DUR7 Portable DVD Player
Oct 22, 2007 | Durabrand DUR7 Portable DVD Player
230 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: