I have lost sound on my xp home edition windows for no apparent reason.
Any chance of help.
If you have lost sound on the PC there could be several reasons:
1. if you use speakers the speakers could have either become unplugged, the souns could be turned down or muted.
2. The sound card could have gone bad.
3. You could have downloaded a Microsoft update that corrupted your sound.
Do the following:
1. Check you speaker cables to make sure they are plugged in correclty if you use speakers
2. Check the sound icon by your system clock in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. If it has a red X then this is where the issue is, if not then click it and make sure it is 'Off' mute.
3. Click start right click 'My computer' and go to device manager on theproperties tab. Make sure the driver for your speakers does not show a yellow or red indicator.
If you still have an issue then go to: startr, accessories, system tools, system restore and restore the pc to a checkpoint before the date you lost your speakers/sound.
Oct 20, 2008 |