After being on for 3 - 5 minutes, the system will shut down automatically. Will not power back up unless I unplug from power strip and plug back in. But will shut off after 3 - 5 minutes again......HELP!!!!
You probably have an overheat condition. Get some computer cleaner in the compressed can. Take off the top of the unit. Blow any dust and "the black things" out of the units heat sinks and circuit boards. Happy Listening.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello, my infocus in104 will power up for a while (1- 5 minutes) when connected to the power supply and turned on, after that it automatically shuts down. Power button does not light red when it automatically shuts down and need to be unplugged for a minute or more before red power button will light up again.
Try to unplug the power cable then flip the laptop over on its closed lid and on the back should be an access to the battery. Remove the battery for about 2 minutes replace the battery and power cable. It should reboot to a black white screen giving 3 choices. You'll have about 35 seconds before the computer auto selects safe mode. Go ahead enter safe mode after it completely boots in safe mode shut down computer completely, wait 30 seconds and hopefully it will start up normally. If it doesn't you may have an issue with the operating system which unless your computer savvy and have all of the computers original cds you'll need to take it to a reputable computer repair shop
I had a similar problem with my Phillips 42 in. LCD HD TV.
Here's the problem. The Power Supply Board. I opened my TV
up(warranty was up of course) and found several bad capacitors.
Phillips and several other companies were sold capacitors that although
were highly rated failed within 5 years because of a lack of
preservatives. All sorts of electronic equipment is now being effected
due to these defective capacitors.
1. Take it in and have it fixed
2. Open it up, check the board for faulty capacitors(bulged or leaking) Buy a new Power supply board and install it.
3. Remove PSB, remove faulty capacitors and replace with compatible new ones.
Try the main board with the cpu chip. The cpu chip should have a heatsink attached to it, may be an overheating problem. It has the LCD panel connector plugged into it. You may be able to find the board on ebay for less than a repair shop.
I'm guessing from what you are saying, that it will in fact boot to safe mode. the culprit is most likely a resently added program. my other favourite is thermal shut down. remove the cover (after it is shut down and power is removed) and see if it's filled with dust and dirt. when the case is off start the computer up. are all the fans working as well ?
You have an internal short in the electrical line. your wall a/c [120 volts] goes inside and is converted [changed] to DC [ like a super battery] There are a lot of connections coming out of this POWER SUPPLY[super battery] to FEED other electrical circuit. ANY one of the circuits can demand more then power supply can give and will cause it to SHUT DOWN [turn off to protect itself] unless u know what u are doing [" DANGER!! wILL rOBINSON, DANGER!!] you should not mess with it.