a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If an error message is displayed on the LCD, take the corresponding action described below.
The following ink may have run out. Replacing the ink tank is recommended. U041
Print head is not installed.Install the print head.U051 / The type of print head is incorrect.Install the correct print head.U052
Some ink tanks are not installed in place. U072 / More than one ink tank of the following color is installed. U071
The remaining level of the following ink cannot be correctly detected. Replace the ink tank. U130
The following ink tank cannot be recognized. U043 U140 U150
The following ink has run out. Replace the ink tank. U163
There are no photos in memory card
Contact the support center or service center for ink absorber replacement. Press OK to continue printing
Ink absorber full. Service required
Timeout error has occurred
The device may be incompatible. Remove the device and check the manual supplied with the connected device
An unsupported USB hub is connected. Remove the hub.
B200Printer error has occurred. See the manual
**** Printer error has occurred. Turn off power then back on again. If problem persists, see the manual
First, make sure you have the right ink cartridges. Here are the right codes: CLI-8BK and PGI-5BK for black, Yellow - CLI-8Y, Magenta - CLI-8M, Cyan - CLI-8C.
If the ink lamp is off then an ink tank error has occurred. Try to remove the ink tank and re-seat it. Make sure you removed the plastic cover on the ink tank. If nothing helped, you need to replace the faulty ink tank.
Hi there, If the following error occurs "The following ink tank cannot be recognized" error code U043, U140, U150
Action 1 : The ink tank is not installed in the ink tank. Install the ink tank. Refer to "Replacing an ink Tank" below.
Action 2 : The ink tank is not compatible with the machine. (The lamp on the ink tank is off.) Install an appropriate ink tank. Refer to "Replacing an ink tank" below.
Replacing Ink Tanks.
Action 3 : An ink tank error has occurred (The lamp on the ink tank is off). Replace the ink tank. Refer to "Replacing an ink tank" below.
Replacing an ink tank : Replace the ink tank using the following steps : 1) Open the Paper Output Tray. Put your finger in the rounded indent of the Paper Output tray and open it gently.
2) Make sure that the machine is turned on, and lift the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) until it stops. The Print Head Holder moves to the center. Caution : * Do not hold the LCD or the Operation Panel. * Do not hold the Print Head Holder to stop or move it. Important : If the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) is left open for more than 10 minutes, the Printer Head Holder moves to the right side. Close and reopen the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) to return the holder to the center.
3) OPen the Inner Cover. Caution : Do not touch the metallic parts inside the machine.
4) Remove the ink tank whose lamp is flashing fast. Push the tab and remove the ink tank. Important : * Handle ink tanks carefully to avoid staining clothing or surrounding area. * Discard empty ink tanks according to the local laws and regualtions regarding disposal of consumables. Note : * Do not remove more than one ink tank at a time. Be sure to replace ink tanks one by one when replacing more than one ink tank.
5) Prepare the replacement tank. a) Remove the new ink tank from its packaging. b) Pull the orange tape to peel off the protective film. c) Remove the film completely. Important : Make sure that the protective film does not remain in the air hole. If the air hole is blocked with the remaining film, ink may leak out or may not eject properly. d) Remove the orange protective cap from the bottom of the ink tank. Discard the cap once it is removed. Important : * Do not touch the electrical contacts on the ink tank. Doing so can cause the machine to malfunction or become unable to print. * Be sure to remove the clear film from the ink tank in the exact order, as failure to follow this step may cause the ink to leak and stain your clothes and hands. * Do not squeeze the side of the ink tanks as this may cause the ink to leak out and stain your clothes and hands. * Do not reattach the protective cap once you have removed it, Discard it according to the local laws and regulations regarding the disposal of consumables. * Do not touch the open ink port once the protective cap is removed, as this may prevent the ink from being ejected properly.
6) Install the ink tank. a) Insert the front end of the ink tank into the Print Head. Make sure the position of the tank matched the label. b) Press on the "press" mark on the ink tank until the ink tank snaps firmly into place. c) Make sure that the ink lamp lights up red. Important : Install all the ink tanks to print. The machine cannot be used unless all the ink tanks are installed. 7) Close the Inner Cover. Note : Make sure that the Inner Cover is closed. Printing will not start with the Inner Cover open since paper cannot be fed properly.
8) Gently close the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover). Caution : * Be sure to hold the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) firmly using both hands, and be careful not to get your fingers caught. * Do not hold the LCD or the OPeration Panel. Note : * When you start printing after replacing the ink tank. Print Head Cleaning is performed automatically. Do not start another operation until the machine has stopped making operating noises.
Hope this helps. Please rate my response. Thanks Have a good day.
your housing may be not clean try to cllean it and clean the back of the tank carfully and erinstall the tank and reset the printe4r. if not try to use the old one again and see if you get the same error
I too was getting the error for unrecognized ink cartridge. Then the
little green circ board fell out of the end of the ink cartridge and it
hit me that maybe if I put in the little green circ board from the old
ink cartridge of the same color, then maybe the ink cartridge would be
recognized. It worked! So don't throw out an ink cartridge that still
has ink just because of that error and hold onto your empty cartridges
in case you need the little green/gold circ boards.
U150 is a 'faulty electronic chip on the tank' error.
If you installed a new Canon OEM tank then probably the chip on the new tank is bad.. Take that tank back for a replacement.. If you installed a Clone(non-OEM) tank, then that one will only work if you retrieve a chip from a known good OEM tank and glue it on to it. Clone(non-OEM) tanks all come without chips.