My phone recently had water damage from the rain; not directly though. and inside the white sticker turned pink and the one on my phone was still white. i got a new battery and now it works but the screen wont turn on. sometimes it works but usually its a black screen but still backlit. i noticed that if u press the screen at this state the liquid inside moves around. the phone turns on and everything its just the the screen isnt working.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Take the battery out and check the end of it for water damage-there should be a white sticker with pink/purple marks. Also check the bottom of the phone for the same kind of sticker. If that sticker is even slightly pink/red its water damaged, the more pink/red the worse the damage. And water damage often comes simply from your hand perspiring while holding the phone. Thats the problem 99.9% of the time.
white background with detailed pink 'x's across the top is a dry indicator on some phones, such as LG ENV3. If the sticker gets wet the pink 'x's dissolve and the sticker becomes pink. Be careful some people at verizon or other cell phone companies think all indicator stickers are white....this is why they work at a cell phone store 5 years after high school, they don't understand continual education and reading literature.
you can take the battery and the back off the device and place in completely submerged in a bag of white rice and leave it in there for 1 to 2 days this will help absorb the moisture, this should fix it if the water did not damage the circut boards if the water damaged the circut boards then the device is fried
It sounds like possible water damage. On most phones you can remove the back cover and maybe the battery. If it is water damage you will see a red dot on the inside of the phone. I hope this is helpful, Let me know.
You can tell if your phone has gotten wet by taking out the battery. There's a little sticker both on the phone and on your battery that is white with little red crosses on it. If it's faded and red, you have water damage. I recently had the same problem though, without any water damage. They told me that it was not a common problem.. but it's happened to me twice, on two different Env's. Soo... sounds like a common problem to me.
The headset port must be malfunctioning. If turning the phone off and removing the battery does not reset this.. Then contact Verizon and see if it's still under 1 year warranty. Or covered by insurance..
This is a manufacturer's defect. Before you go in though, Underneath the battery towards the bottom of the phone is a little white circle sticker. Mine has little x's on it. Anyway this sticker is on the inside panel of the battery too. These are water detection stickers that turn pink to red once they hit moisture. If you don't have insurance - make sure these aren't pink/red before reporting the issue to Verizon - Otherwise they will just say - that's what happens with water damage. (Ugh!)
I left my phone in the yard and it got rained on (don't ask), and I
brought it inside, took the battery out, and let it dry for a day. I
reinserted the battery and it worked for a few days until i got the
"Use genuine battery" message. I put a small piece of white paper (actually the back of the label of a bottle of Blue Moon) over the moisture indicator, put the battery back in, and everything worked, much to my surprise.