Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Need to know how to replace the STK293-110 - Televison & Video

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 8,617 Answers

I think you mean 393-110 0r 392-110 . you can find out which IC your model uses by leaving a email at the following link with your model number. They also have replacement ICs that have free shipping and free instalation instructions with pictures. heres the link.

Posted on Jun 27, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Need to know how to install lamp

Your set does NOT use a lamp--it has picture tubes, and if no pix--may have lost one or more convergence chips.

Mar 29, 2014 | Panasonic PT-61HX40 61" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

I need to get a replacement screen for my projector screen tv and need to know how much do they run and what do I do to get it done. should have replacement Screens available. Send them a email with the model number and they will let you know if they have them or not.

Jun 24, 2011 | Philips Televison & Video

1 Answer

Red,green and blue lines then only show the bottom half of picture

This is from your description a convergence problem, you set uses two of the STK-392-110 convergence chips.

Both chips (about 14 for a pair on EBAY) and any protect resistors (right next to the chips and easy to test) and total parts cost would be well under 30 dollars.

if you or someone you know is able (I can tell you what you will need and how to get at the parts that will need to be replaced) I will assist you---a lot cheaper to fix it than replace it.

Let me know by commenting here if you need assistance or have questions. If this has told you something you did not know rate this solution "very helpful" as I do this here for free.


Aug 11, 2010 | Toshiba 50H82 50" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Im havin double vision to my toshiba tz50v61

This model uses two of the STK-392-110 convergence chips--both along with any bad resistors around them are going to need to be replaced and the set adjusted.

If you can do the repair you can buy a pair of the chips on Ebay for less than 14 dollars plus shipping.

If you cannot do the repair shop around your area as most shops charge 300 or more for this type of repair.

If the set will not adjust in the customer menu one or both chips are bad---BOTH need to be replaced.

If you know how to solder or know someone who can do it for you--I can describe in general terms what you will need to do for this repair.

If you have any questions or need advice, let me know as I do this here for free.


Nov 02, 2009 | Toshiba TZ50V61 50" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Mitsubshi WS-65909Error code 2-2. i would like to know how to fix

The fuses are not the only problem--if 2,2 error code 95% of the time the Convergence IC that the WS-65909 uses is bad. It is a STK-393-110----fuses are on the same board and near the middle towards the back---they are green in color and look like resistors--if you have this model the location numbers marked on top of the board will be F9A04 and F9A05----both are 5 amp fuses (this will also be marked on the board) they are 2 of about 5 fuses and are towards the rear of the row of pico fuses.

If you check the fuses (just like any other fuse) and either is open--You need to remove the center board and replace the STK chip and the fuses-----not everyone can do this repair themselves--

I have had so many people ask me about this problem that I have composed step by step start to finish instructions for this repair--If you have some skill at soldering and think you can remove the board safely let me know and I will post the instructions here for you to read.

Other than the fuses there are about 12 light blue resistors in front of them that need to be checked--if any are discolored they need to be replaced also--they are all low value resistors--3.9 ohms--they will check like a fuse--no reading and or discolored and you need to replace them.

Considering the parts cost is usually under 20 dollars--I can also tell you the best place to buy the chip--you can if you can do the repair save a lot of money--most shops get 300-400 for this type of repair.

If you find the fuse or fuses bad---do not bypass or replace them--the only thing that gets them is the convergence chip.

If you have any questions or need advice let me know--I am here to help people.


Oct 19, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-65909 65" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Replaced convergence board but still out of convergence. what's next?

1- Did you try converging it by way of your menu?
2- Sometimes they have fuse-able resistors on the deflection board that go open when the IC's take a dive.
3- If this doesn't help then I will need your model number and make and you will need to get your DVM ready for trouble shooting.
4- I haven't had to replace a convergence board complete in 20 years, I don't know why your wanted to do that. Replace the IC's and possible resistors and your back in business.
5- Let me know!

Jul 11, 2009 | Samsung HCM5525W 55" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Tv color is dark, and there is lots of green in the picture

sounds like the coolant needs replacement. You can tell by looking into the lens of the CRts while the set is playing. The green and blue are usually the ones that are affected first. If you need to know where to get the coolant kit which contains the coolane and the instructions let me know and I will post the link.

May 17, 2009 | Philips 50P8341 50" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

I need to know how to replace the lamp unit. How

remove rear panel, you will see a box with door on it. You can open the door and have access to the bulb.

May 15, 2009 | Panasonic PT-61LCX70 61" HDTV

1 Answer

50 inch tv

You can buy required parts for your Samsung TV HLN5065W from Parts Store.
Let me know if you need further info.
Thank you.

Oct 06, 2008 | Samsung HLN5065W 50" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Convergence Ics need to be replaced

Okay that model uses two ICs they are STK392-120 also I would recomend getting at least four of the 6.8 ohm 1watt resistors as that model will usually have a couple of the convergence resistors go open when the ICs fail. You can get replacement ICs at the following link they do provide free instaltion instructions as well as free on line instant messageing with their technicians to help with testing resistors or any other help you need and the support is unlimited and always free for all their customers. Heres the link.

May 28, 2008 | Philips Magnavox 51MP392H Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

101 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

70983 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6694 Answers


Level 3 Expert

66126 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides