Screen shows usb and Itunes but computer doesnt recognize ipod.
1. Verify if your pc passes the system requirements.
(a) usb 2.0 port
(b) You are running the latest version of itunes
2. Recharge your iPod Touch
3. Check USB connections. Use a USB port that is built into the computer instead of using an external usb hub.
4. Restart iPod Touch. Do the following steps:
To restart iPod touch, first turn iPod touch off by
pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears.
Slide your finger across the slider and iPod touch will turn off after a
Next, turn iPod touch on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Is iPod touch not responding? To reset iPod touch, press and hold the
Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10
seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
5. Restart your computer then reconnect your iPod Touch
6. Try reinstalling iTunes. And if this doesn't resolve the issue, you can also try uninstalling iTunes then reinstalling the latest version.
7. Check if there are third-party software that might prevent iTunes from recognizing your iPod touch. Such software may be security software, anti-virus software and webcam drivers. What you can do is adjust the software settings or you may also temporarily disable the software.
If you find this helpful, kindly click the thumbs up button. Thanks! :)
May 23, 2011 |
Apple iPod touch