Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
To access the lid switch, REMOVE POWER, lift the console by one of three ways.
1. Look in the back of the console, in each corner there will be a screw, unscrew until the console can be pushed forward.
2. The trim on either side can be pried off from the top, grasp and pull forward to expose to expose a screw.
3. insert a putty knife under each corner, push to release a latch. With console lifted:
1. You will find a lid switch connector (white in color). Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver down and away from you and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Tilt and slide cabinet forward to remove.
Posted on Jun 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2011 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Sep 25, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
May 20, 2009 | Kenmore 23822 Top Load Washer
Mar 19, 2009 | Kenmore 15864/15862 Top Load Washer
Jan 11, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Dec 26, 2008 | Kenmore 23822 Top Load Washer
Jul 05, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Dec 01, 2016 | Kenmore Washing Machines
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: