Question about Kenwood Car Audio & Video
This is the official method right from the Kenwood service manual for this model.
You must use the remote to do this, there is no other way.
If you do not have the remote, you will need to take it to an authorized Kenwood service center and they can do it for a nominal fee. My shop charges $25
If you find this helpful a rating of "FixYa" would be appreciated.
Here it is:
1. During code request mode, press the Track UP key for at
least 3 seconds while holding down the AUTO key. (– – – –
2. Enter, “KCAR” with the remote controller as described below.
• Press the remote controller 5 key twice, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters a “K” )
• Press the remote controller 2 key three times, and press
the Track Up key. (Enters a “C” )
• Press the remote controller 2 key once, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters an “A” )
• Press the remote controller 7 key twice, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters an “R” )
3. Security function is canceled and unit sets to All-Off mode.
4. Code request mode appears if a mistake was made in entering
Posted on Jun 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2011 | Kenwood Sirius KDC-MP825 CD Player
Feb 09, 2011 | Kenwood Sirius KDC-MP825 CD Player
Dec 09, 2008 | Kenwood KDC-MP228 CD Player
Sep 11, 2008 | Kenwood KDC-MP235 CD Player
Sep 06, 2008 | Kenwood KDC-MP828 CD Player
Jul 27, 2008 | Kenwood KDC-135 CD Player
Aug 20, 2007 | Kenwood KDC-MPV8025 CD Player
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: