I had this problem - just found the solution. The two charging stands
aren't the same. One is a base (that plugs into the wall) and the other
a charging cradle. I think that each handset needs to be placed in the
base to "register" it.
So, here's what I did: place the unregistered handset in the base & both should work.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not using the handset for several months would have allowed corrosion to develop on the charging contacts. You have to use cotton buds and a strong solvent to clean the charging contacts.
Alternately, it may be that the battery is already dead and no longer would accept a charge. These are plug-in types and are replaceable. Incidentally, it is also possible that the corrosion developed on the battery connector contacts themselves.
Indication of corrosion would be dull colored contacts with bits of flakes - clean to make shiny again; the connector corrosion would be wet powdery greenish substance on the wires or connector from the battery.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
I used to have this exact model. More than likely, your battery has become "unrechargable". I used to buy replacement handset batteries from ebay every 6 or 7 months. After 3 years, I finally got rid of the phone and purchased a nice Panasonic (just cheaper these days!)
The replacement batteries usually sell for $3 or $4 on ebay. Here's a link of one that's one now: http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-V-TECH-IP8300-DECT-6-0-89-1326-Cordless-Pho-/330486596555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf28943cb
clean contacts to allow the battery to charge. Cordless phone battery near dead. I took butter knife and scraped the 2 recharging strips so it could charge. After I did that my "red charging dot" stayed on and phone now works like new again. If this does not work then you may have to replace battery in phone. Mine I could buy online for around 10 bucks, but I am glad I didn't have to do that.