Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave back wall slightly damaged by alumminun foil. Is this a big deal. Wife is afraid it will leak radiation. I say phooey!

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 8,820 Answers

A microwave oven does not generate ionizing radiation, it's just radio waves. All it can do is burn you.

But the spot should be repaired so that food particles and grease do not accumulate there and cause arcing or rust.

It will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Jun 29, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to remove ge spacemaker xl


You want to take the microwave off the wall, is that correct. 1st unplug the microwave--plug should be in the cabinet over the microwave. Next--in the same cabinet you should see 2 or 3 phillips head screws with big heads going through the bottom of the cabinet into the microwave top. Have someone hold up on the microwave while you remove the screws. They are about 3 inches long. Once the screws are out, the microwave should tilt forward and downward at the front. The back of the MW sits on 4 tabs on the wall mount plate so to get it off completely you have to lift the back up slightly off the tabs about 1 inch. Feed the power cord down through the cabinet and you are done.

Feb 28, 2015 | GE Profile Spacemaker XL 1800 36"...

1 Answer

Sharp carousel R-930-AK microwave is sparking how to stop it afraid to use it


Sparking could be caused by something metallic inside the microwave! Check in side for anything metal like foil!

Nov 02, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Heat: I placed a microwavable food product in my sharp carousel r-1505. there was a tiny piece of the foil still attached to the rim of the product container. upon start, the foil immediately caught...


Maybe. The presence of metallic material (foil, stainless steel silverware, etc.) in an operating microwave oven creates electric arcs between the foil and the inside wall of the oven. And this can destroy the electric components.

Sep 22, 2013 | Sharp R-1505 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Is there a way to detect if the microwave is leaking radiation?


No! this could not be further from the truth, you can buy a microwave test card and check for leakage around the door seals, or take it to a service professional to do a quick test.

Mar 06, 2012 | General Electric Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My microwave keypad doest not work apparently. It says "service may needed". How can solve this error.


HELLO.

The solution to your microwave problem is explained below.

Things You will Need

* Phillips screwdriver
* Foil
* Large ziplock baggie
* Tape





* 1 Unscrew the 2 screws in the top vent grill and remove it.
* 2 Unscrew the 1 screw above the computer keypad, then slide it up to unlock it and it will hinge down, revealing the computer circuit board behind the keypad.
* 3 Put a sheet of foil into the large ziplock bag and seal it up.
* 4 Then tape it to cover the whole circuit board in the back of the computer. You may have to let the wires stick out of the middle of your foil covering. The ziplock is to keep the metal foil from short circuiting anything on the computer, and the foil protects the circuit board from the small amount of leaking microwaves inside.
* 5 Lock the keypad back up and plugin the microwave to test it before screwing everything back together.

Thanks.

Sep 24, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Two buttons on keypad do not work


HELLO.

The solution is to work on your microwave keypad as explained below.

* 1 Unscrew the 2 screws in the top vent grill and remove it.

* 2 Unscrew the 1 screw above the computer keypad, then slide it up to unlock it and it will hinge down, revealing the computer circuit board behind the keypad.

* 3 Put a sheet of foil into the large ziplock bag and seal it up.

* 4 Then tape it to cover the whole circuit board in the back of the computer. You may have to let the wires stick out of the middle of your foil covering. The ziplock is to keep the metal foil from short circuiting anything on the computer, and the foil protects the circuit board from the small amount of leaking microwaves inside.

* 5 Lock the keypad back up and plugin the microwave to test it before screwing everything back together.

If there is need for further assist,notice me

Thanks.

Sep 22, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Kitchenaid vented microwave KHHS179LSS-5 surface light is blinking on and off. Started a couple of weeks ago. Thought I was forgetting to turn the light off but realized it was not me. Went to the...


Hi,

Press the "Off/Clear' button to cancel anything on the display, and reset the microwave. This is a soft reset and will simply get you out of any program you have started. Press it when the cooking complete reminder appears on the display.
Perform a hard reset. Pull the plug out of the wall power supply, and wait a moment. Plug the microwave back into the wall power supply to reset any anomalies with the microwave's memory. You will need to reset the time of day if you perform a hard reset.
Reset the time of day. Press the "Clock" button, and turn the dial to set the hours. Press the dial to enter. Follow the same procedure for the minutes and a.m. or p.m. Press the "Start" button to start the clock. This should help fix the problem.

Apr 27, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...

2 Answers

I own a Kenmore microwave, not sure if there is a radiation leak.


having this type of damage on a microwave is resky

You can get a radiation monitor from Tandy electronics or **** Smith ( Australia)

But seriously get rid of it and buy another one you can get a good second hand one for $50 that is not rusty and holy..

Jun 23, 2009 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave oven trouble


Obviously, heat escaping from anything heated in the oven will indirectly heat the walls and the magnetron is not 100% efficient so it radiates a good deal of heat but that is normally carried off by the cooling fan and exhausted into the room air.

Oct 30, 2008 | Kenmore 63252 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

80 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...