Question about Wintergreen (P4M800C24X) PC Desktop
As far as I know the support CD is the only disc that originally came with the PC. Just really need to know if I can use that CD to install XP Home on the new drive and then reuse the original HD for some other purpose like data storage. I know the support CD has all the device drivers, but is it also used as the XP Home recovery disc as well. Thanks, BNG in Texas.
1. Computers often come with microsoft discs; all the ones I build do as well as dells, sonys, averatecs, and a host of others.
2. Use a program like acronis to make an image of the hard drive to your new drive. Then you can boot off of the new drive no problem.
3. I do not know if your support CD has the operating system on it or not. The easiest thing for you to do is point #2, image the drive over to the new one and then you can boot off of it.
Posted on Jun 26, 2008
1) A computer never comes with a Microsoft Disk so you will not be able to recover you Windows XP Home, unfortunately the best thing to do is just buy the Genuine disk from Microsoft, and the reason why i say unfortunately is because these disks turn out very expensive.
2) What you need to do is set up your new hdd as a slave and then copy everything from your main hdd to your new hdd then shut down your pc and take both the master and the slave hdd's out and then change your new hdd to be the master hdd and you should be set! All you need to do then is connect it back to your pc and start it up. Please also remember to give this solution a good rating.
Kind regards - Hope this helps you!
Posted on Jun 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 26, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Oct 25, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4550 PC Desktop
Aug 27, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Nov 12, 2008 | HP Compaq nx5000 Notebook
Aug 31, 2008 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jun 17, 2008 | Systemax Computers & Internet
Jun 10, 2008 | E-Machines T2682 (000002965) PC Desktop
Feb 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 28, 2007 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: