Question about JVC SXXSW6000 Speaker

1 Answer

JVC SXXSW6000 I have ordered JVC SXXSW6000 . I dont know how to setup this Hometheater to work...Do i need to have an amplifier to use this?? I dont have an amplifier with me...Can anyone explain in detail about this system??

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 125 Answers

Hey there, I have some information that may be able to help you. You don't have a Optical Output for you system but that does not mean you can not hook it up to your TV directly. Or if you got a fancy Receiver on your hands you can hook it up to that too. All you'll need is the Audio cable that will connect your Hometheater System to your TV or to your Receiver. Its very easy hooking it up. If you have any more questions or anything like that let me know.

Posted on Oct 03, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have no amplifier

if there is a built in amplifier inside your subwoofer you can use it.

Mar 08, 2013 | JVC SP-X100 System

1 Answer

I have a jvc sp-pw50 Subwoofer and i want to know if you can buy an adapter for the input so i can hook it up to my kenwood amp? my amp does have a regular audio jack

That would require you to disassemble the subwoofer cabinet and disconnect the the supplied amplifier.
Connecting this unit to a different amplifier would provide no benefit to you unless the on-board amplifier became damaged.

Nov 16, 2011 | JVC SP-PW100 Subwoofer

1 Answer

Sound is not coming from my vinverth hometheater, but the speakers and sub is fine.

It is possible that the amplifier had encountered a fault with a higher current drain which had triggered it to a protection fault condition. The fault can be your output drivers- the MOSFETS/IC's fitted for both the channels, Use a meter after disconnecting to check for short in the drivers. Disconnect the positive and negative voltages to the output and see if the protect changes. Even a fault in the preamp stages that drives in high current into the output can shut the Amplifier. Sometimes this can be a noise like a HUM or HISS before the protect works. Faulty capacitors in these circuits also can cause similar issues and needs close observation.
You need to confirm and replace the specific stages or outputs. If not there can be issues in the mother board, maybe the protect circuit by itself is shutting off due to a faulty bias , maybe a leak in any voltage/current sensing circuit. Also disconnect the speakers and test, if the protect is off then check for short on the speakers.

Jul 16, 2011 | Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

The woofer speaker did not come with a fuse. It is one of the old style glass ones. Do you know what size to get. I tried several an one it too short or the other to long and I can't get the little cap to...

I'm assuming it was secondhand? If so if it didn't have a fuse, then getting a new one is the least of your problems. Fuses blow to protect the device from fire caused by an overload. The fact that no-fuse was found with it means the device was faulty and blowing every one that was fitted, by it's previous owner. So the chances are that the sub is faulty to begin with.
In any case it's not the size of the glass fuse that's important, but the rating in amps or "MA" and the voltage. Please do not attempt to fit any fuse till you find this out. The only way you can do this is to find the service manual. You can look for that on the web or you can try Manuals In PDF.
You might need it anyway, because I suspect when you fit one it will blow again.

Jun 29, 2010 | JVC SXXSW6000 Speaker

1 Answer

I replaced the fuse in the sub and it still dosent work

big red
check the transformer inside look for black residue it might be it is burned

Oct 14, 2009 | JVC SXXSW6000 Speaker

1 Answer

Can i connect JVC SXXSW6000 home theatre to my pc...if so how?

You need a receiver. A surround sound receiver is a 5-channel amplifier with a line-level subwoofer out. These are available at electronics stores. Receivers usually have digital inputs like optical and coaxial that you can use with the S/PDIF output of your PC.

Nov 06, 2008 | JVC SXXSW6000 Speaker

1 Answer

Optical output?

Most Surround Sound Systems these days will come with An Optical Output but just to make sure If you can tell me the maker of your product and a model number it would be very helpful to further assist you with your concern.

Oct 03, 2008 | JVC SXXSW6000 Speaker

1 Answer

JVC Sub-Woofer

Well, sort of. It's part of a typical JVC shelf system. The gray and blue are for the left woofer and the red and black are for the right woofer. It's basically just two small "woofers" in a box. So unless you have a small amplifier that has 2 subwoofer outputs with a built in crossover, they are essentially useless.

Aug 04, 2008 | Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer


you need an optical lead, connect the optical lead from the back of the ps3 and connect it into the dvd players optical in.
I am looking at this one too but dont know whether it has an optical in, could you let me know on,
thanks bud

May 04, 2007 | JVC SX-XD33 Speaker

Not finding what you are looking for?
JVC SXXSW6000 Speaker Logo

Related Topics:

1,178 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top JVC Speakers & Subwoofers Experts


Level 3 Expert

4593 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

68427 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2267 Answers

Are you a JVC Speaker and Subwoofer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides