Question about HP Printers & Copiers
SOURCE: Fax Error Codes
Disconnect all phone lines and wait one minute. Plug in an analog telephone to reset the lines. Re-plug your original phones (and fax) and try faxing again.
Posted on Sep 26, 2007
SOURCE: hp photosmart C6180 all-in one
Your manual can be viewd / downloaded / printed here, directly from HP:
The fax setup section starts on page 33.
Posted on Apr 22, 2008
SOURCE: FAX errors 345 346 and 350
HP.com has a web page for your product with all of the fax error codes listed and how to interpret them:
Fax Error Codes
Once the page opens, you'll have to scroll down until you find your error codes in the list. The codes in that section of the page don't seem to line up well. All of the codes have to do with the quality of service on the phone line. If the people you're faxing to are receiving all of their faxes except from you, I'd suspect your phone line may have a problem. Here's what I got from the list:
The remote machine has failed to respond to a fax command from the local machine due to the connection being interrupted. These errors can occur if the phone lines in the area to be faxed are old or there is noise (static on the phone line). Other reasons can include power outages and other power related problems.
The call waiting service can cause this error. The click, heard for an incoming call, is actually a momentary disconnect of the line.
The remote user has pressed the Stop key while the reception was in progress.
Under rare conditions incompatibility between the two machines may cause the remote machine to simply abandon the call.
Check with your phone company to see if their are any problems on your line. It looks like anything that even momentarily interrupts your phone connection will cause these errors. Good luck.
Posted on Nov 04, 2008
Check the following steps:
Connect the printer directly to the wall outlet and
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Unplug the all-in-one from power and disconnect the connection port.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power only.
4. Repeat steps 2-4 two more times.
5. On the third time after plugging the unit into power, reconnect the connection port from the all-in-one to your computer.
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on.
2. Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord
Try to check the result.
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
You can buy a splitter to put on your line so you can run both devices. They sell them at the dollar tree big lots and everywhere else usually, and range from .59 to $2. as far as another DSL filter ask a friend neighbor or co-worker if they have or had dsl and have an extra filter. If not then you can pick them up for a couple of bucks at radio shack
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
basically error 232 indicates that a communication failure has occurred between the two machines
Following these steps may help resolving your issue
1. Make sure that the phone cord is plugged directly from the wall jack into the back port of the fax machine that is marked "Line" or "To Wall Jack", or that has a wall-jack symbol.
2. Verify that the line interface unit (LIU) (the box that the phone cord plugs into) is seated fully into the back of the fax.
3. Remove any other device from the line such as splitters, credit card machines, or telephone answering machines, and retry the fax communication.
4. Try sending and receiving faxes on a different fax line.
5.Try using a different telephone cord.
6. Have the phone company test your line for static or noise problems.
7. Disable Error Correction Mode (ECM) if the same error occurs repeatedly.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 04, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
May 23, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 20, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6100 All-In-One Printer
Jul 27, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 29, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 07, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 31, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 11, 2007 | HP Officejet 7210 All-In-One InkJet...
439 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: