Question about Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
My Epson Stylus Photo RX580 is just spitting out paper after paper with nothing on them, and it says the ^subject line and MiscCommands when I try to print anything. I had my mac worked on by Mac Genius at an Apple store, They said that all they did was cosmetic because they just had to replace the lcd screen. but a few days ago when I hooked my mac back up and plugged in the printer, it said I had to add a printer or something of that nature. I had to pick from a list of printers, so i didnt think it would be too hard. I picked the one that matched my printer, next to the choices, it said Gimp...Beta...0.05?? something like that. I thought it strange, because i didnt remember having that there before. But it was the only RX580 shoice. Now no ink comes out on the pages at all and it goes through a lot faster. I went online and installed the software for it again off the epson website. I need to print paperwork. How can I start printing again? Please Help -Jesepson*
Please do the following to download and install the printer driver for your Intel Core system.
Please follow the steps below to download and install your printer in OS X.4:
1. Go to the website http://support.epson.com
2. Under the ALL IN ONES heading select FLATBED and then your printer model.
3. Under the Drivers & Downloads section select Macintosh. Download the Macintosh Intel Core Duo with OS X driver
1. After download is complete, double click the icon that appears on your desktop, then click CONTINUE, then CONTINUE again, then OK on the INSTALLATION WAS SUCCESSFUL screen.
2. Open the new folder created by the extraction process. It will appear something like epson1XXXX (X represents variable numbers).
3. When you open this folder, you will find a file with a .DMG extension - double-click it. This will create another icon on the desktop with the name of your printer. Double-click to open the DISK IMAGE file.
NOTE: In most OS 10.4 systems the installer will perform this step automatically and you will see an INSTALLER.PKG file.
4. Double click the INSTALLER.PKG file to start the installation process.
5. The next menu will prompt you to ensure that you have Administrator Rights to install the printer driver. Click on the lock (if necessary) and enter your password.
6. The actual installation process will begin. Click CONTINUE, then CONTINUE again at the SOFTWARE AGREEMENT window, then CONTINUE again, then AGREE.
7. You will be prompted to select a disk to install the printer to. Select the appropriate Macintosh HD or OS X drive or partition and click CONTINUE.
8. In the next window that appears, click INSTALL.
9. You may be informed that the computer needs to be restarted after installation; click CONTINUE INSTALLATION here. The driver will now be installed and the system optimized. Restart the computer when install is complete.
1. Make sure that your printer is turned on and connected to your computer.
2. Open the HARD DRIVE, go into the APPLICATIONS, and select the UTILITIES folder.
3. Double click on the PRINTER SETUP UTILITY. If your printer is listed correctly, close out of the windows and test your printer, as it is already installed.
4. If it is not listed click the Add tab at the top of the Printer Browser window. Another window should open showing the printer model you have, highlight this and select ADD. Close out of any open windows and test your printer. Please make sure that you select the correct printer in the PAGE SETUP and PRINT menu of the application.
If you do not see the name of the printer in the window ensure the device is powered on and connected directly to your system. If you still do not see the printer name try another USB port or cable.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2011 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 29, 2010 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 05, 2010 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 08, 2010 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 27, 2009 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
May 09, 2009 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 06, 2009 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 11, 2008 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 25, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo 830 InkJet Printer
382 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!