Question about GE JBP90 Electric Kitchen Range
HOW DO I CHANGE THE SWITCH ON MY OVEN DOOR FOR THE LIGHT
These instructions apply to my GE Profile JBP90 but other brands and models are similar.
1. DISCONNECT THE UNIT FROM ITS ELECTRICAL POWER SOURCE!
CONFIRM POWER IS DISCONNECTED BY OBSERVING DISPLAY GOING DARK
In your case this may mean turning off the 220V double circuit breaker or unplugging the unit cord from its power outlet.
2. Open the oven door
3. Remove the two screws under the front edge of the stove cooktop on the far left and right
4. Gently raise the cooktop 4 or 5 inches and prop it open with a small cardboard box
5. Find the door switch wire and gently pull the switch connector off
6. Remove the switch by squeezing the two metal spring tabs toward the switch and pushing the switch out toward the front
7. Inspect the switch. If its like mine, it may look a little melted and smell burnt.
8. Find a new switch online or at your nearest parts distributer
9. Installation is the reverse of above steps.
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2015 | Kitchen Ranges
Aug 27, 2010 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
Jun 30, 2010 | Kenmore 78812 / 78814 / 78819 Gas Kitchen...
Jun 26, 2010 | Kenmore 95822 / 95824 / 95829 Electric...
Apr 11, 2010 | Frigidaire FES367 Electric Kitchen Range
Jan 02, 2010 | KitchenAid KGST307 Gas Kitchen Range
Jun 29, 2009 | Whirlpool SF325 Gas Kitchen Range
Feb 17, 2009 | Frigidaire FEF336BC Electric Kitchen Range
Dec 22, 2008 | Tappan TGF320 Gas Kitchen Range
Jan 04, 2014 | GE JBP90 Electric Kitchen Range
235 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!