Question about GE JBP90 Electric Kitchen Range
HOW DO I CHANGE THE SWITCH ON MY OVEN DOOR FOR THE LIGHT
These instructions apply to my GE Profile JBP90 but other brands and models are similar.
1. DISCONNECT THE UNIT FROM ITS ELECTRICAL POWER SOURCE!
CONFIRM POWER IS DISCONNECTED BY OBSERVING DISPLAY GOING DARK
In your case this may mean turning off the 220V double circuit breaker or unplugging the unit cord from its power outlet.
2. Open the oven door
3. Remove the two screws under the front edge of the stove cooktop on the far left and right
4. Gently raise the cooktop 4 or 5 inches and prop it open with a small cardboard box
5. Find the door switch wire and gently pull the switch connector off
6. Remove the switch by squeezing the two metal spring tabs toward the switch and pushing the switch out toward the front
7. Inspect the switch. If its like mine, it may look a little melted and smell burnt.
8. Find a new switch online or at your nearest parts distributer
9. Installation is the reverse of above steps.
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2014 | Samsung SMH7178STD Microwave Oven
Mar 28, 2012 | Samsung SMH7178STD Microwave Oven
Mar 27, 2012 | Smeg F65 Stainless Steel Electric Single...
Mar 13, 2012 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jun 11, 2011 | Ovens
Dec 25, 2010 | Whirlpool RBS275PD Electric Single Oven
Sep 28, 2010 | Jenn-Air 27 in. Electric Single Wall Oven...
Apr 16, 2009 | Frigidaire 30 in. Electric Gallery Series...
Jan 04, 2014 | GE JBP90 Electric Kitchen Range
237 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!