Canon Pixma 210 series has an error code 6000, won't print or scan
Hope this helps
With thanks to a canon tech
Ok Well again I will repeat this answer with a titch more detail.
The 6A00 is a Canon generic code for paper path jam. Some where in the paper path a sensor is activated indicating paper jam so the printer will give off a 6A00 code. As a Canon tech, I usually find the code, almost 90% of the time, is related to the purge unit being jammed with something and not being able to move. Moving the print head assembly will not clear a purge unit if its jammed with paper, paper clips, push pins, screws, cookie crisp, flower bud pods or the like. And yes I have found all those things in a purge unit. The offending item needs to be removed or the purge unit needs replacement. A Pixma MP830 would still be under Canon warranty, get it into a shop and save yourself the hassel.
Incidently, the 6A00 error pertains to all Canon printers made in the last several years, its not just used in one model. And its always a paper path error or purge unit.
I forget myself so here goes, the purge unit, called a spittoon assembly in an HP, lexmark, and other inkjet printers, is where the print head assembly parks when not in use, also its other job is to clean and make sure the print head is clean and open for printing. That is why you'll find the print head assembly parked on top of it. It also has a an electrical pump to milk the print heads and test for ink flow.
Procedure to reset Printer canon MP145 and Canon MP160 with Error Code Message for Printer Canon MP145 and Canon MP160, you can find error code message the end of this post:
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5) Unplug cable power. (for MP145 / MP150)
6) Turn Off Power. (for MP160)
Error Code :
E2-2 = No paper (ASF)
E3-3 = Paper jam
E4 = No ink
E5-5 = The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed, or the ink cartridges are not installed properly
E8 = Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full
E9 = The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera Direct Printing
E14 = The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong
E15 = Ink cartridge is not installed E16 - Ink remaining is unknown
E16 -E19 = Failed to scan head alignment sheet
E22 = Carriage error
E23 = Paper feed error
E24 = Purge unit error
E25 = ASF(cam) sensor error
E26 = Internal temperature rise error
E27 = Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full
E28 = Ink cartridge temperature rise error -
E29 = EEPROM error
E33 = Paper feed position error
E35 15 = USB Host VBUD overcurrent error - USB
E37 17 = Abnormal motor driver error
E40 20 = Other hardware error
E42 22 = Scanner error
May 22, 2009 |
Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...