Question about Webcams
When I open the built-in camera application to take some captures or videos it always gives me "Camera is used by another application".
Anyone has a clue to solve this problem. Thank you in advance.
Quick fix workaround
Go to the start button
Choose my computer
Right click it and choose manage
Double click the device manager
Choose imaging devices from the list
Click the + sign to reveal your camera
Double click your camera
Choose the driver tab
Uninstall the driver this will turn the device off
Now remove the usb plug and re-insert it, windows will then install the driver and you are good to go.
Posted on Nov 23, 2009
This ptogram will eliminate your problem of the camera
being busy or being used by another program.
Really works great.
Double click on this site http://download.cnet.com/SplitCam/3000-2348_4-10500269.html
And then click on Download Now (3.5MB)
2. Then run the Splitcam program by double clicking the downloaded program.
3. Clicked on "Video" at the bottom right of the program window and selected your cmera.
Note: This will result in your camera being switched on and viewable in the
4. Opened up Skype (or other messengers) and go to "Tools" then "Options" then "Video settings."
5. Also setup your “Audio” while you are there.
6. Selected "SplitCam Capture" as my webcam, then click on save.
7. Webcam image will appeared in Skype or what ever messenger you are using.
Hope this Helps. Bud
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Mar 27, 2009 | Logitech QuickCam Orbit Personal Web...
Mar 26, 2009 | Webcams
Mar 20, 2009 | Logitech Webcam
Dec 22, 2008 | Winnov Color Video Camera Personal Web...
Sep 07, 2008 | Webcams
Dec 17, 2007 | Logitech Webcam
May 01, 2007 | Intel Deluxe PC Camera CS330 Webcam
14,146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!