Question about Sony Grand WEGA KF50XBR800 50" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
My Sony rear projection is experiencing red ghosting problems. This is very annoying and it seems to be on all images except for when the character is in closeup. I think I've tried all adjustments but I can't find anything to fix it. The TV is about 5 years old but this problem has been present for over a year. Please help.
This model has a badly designed optical block. I've had the TV since 2003 and have had 2 new blocks put in under my 3 year warranty, and they also quit after a while and have the same convergence problems. They finally gave me a check for a new TV as it was costing them too much to fix it. It's too old and too $$ to fix, so just get a new set at this point.
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
1. Power off -- let bulb cool.
2. Display - 5 - VOL+ - Power (in quick sequence) to display service menu.
3. Go into the user menu and set auto revision back to auto.
4. Put an image on the screen that shows the problem. I always found the edges of a 4:3 aspect ratio signal displayed the ghosting very well on my set.
5. Use 2 to scroll through the categories to find D GM TG
6. Use 1 to scroll through items in D GM TG to find V POS D
7. Write down current value.
9. Use 3 and 6 to change the value to minimize the ghosting. You should only need to move it up or down a value or two.
10. Press Mute - Enter to save the changes.
11. Power off and let the bulb cool.
Posted on Aug 11, 2008
Try adjusting image revision in tv menu
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2010 | Projection Televisions
Jun 27, 2009 | Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV
May 05, 2009 | Sony KP-57WS510 57" Rear Projection HDTV
Oct 31, 2008 | Sony Grand WEGA KF60XBR800 60" Rear...
Jun 30, 2008 | Projection Televisions
Nov 22, 2007 | Sony KP-53HS30 53" Rear Projection...
Jan 23, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KF50XBR800 50" Rear...
302 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: