Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

2621217005 for a Denon DRA-1025RA receiver

Hi Dave,

Thanks again for your additional help an answers.

"Is that unit an older stereo receiver? I recognize the "DRA" but not the 1025RA part."

Yes, it is about 20 years old.

"What is this part you need, sometimes a generic part will do the trick. Depends on just what the generic number is. That should be the number that is printed right on the part if it is an IC."

It is the System IC but [at this moment] I am one place and the receive is another.
When I get a chance, I'll take a look and see what additional information I can provide.

Thanks again,


P.S. Like happened before, this morning I received some additional e-mails that said "There is a new ...".
I am still not sure I am using the full functionality of the FixYa site but I think I have avoided rejecting any solutions.

Posted by on

  • Don Moody Jun 26, 2008


    The spare time I had is now gone (but I will get some more in July ...).

    I am now on a 10+ day stretch of working every day.
    As soon as that ends, I will hopefully have time to take another look at my DRA-1025.
    When I do, I will definitely be using the info you provided and getting back to you.

    Thank you for all your help,




1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 624 Answers

I am guessing the system IC is the microprocessor. Normally that is what it is.

Most microprocessors do not have the complete part number on the IC. A letter or two will be missing from the beginning and also from the end of the number on the IC. Many times technicians will be able to figure out what those missing numbers/letters should be, just from experience dealing with IC's like this. Many have common letters at the beginning like "UPD" or "UPC" for example.

That would be unfortunate if so. It is really hard to find old microprocessors, and they rarely make subs for them.

To be certain that the system IC is indeed the part that will fix the unit, can you tell me how you came to that conclusion.

I am about as close as you can come to being considered an expert on troubleshooting the microprocessor and I may be able to help you ensure that it is the part you really need. I have seen on many occasions when a technician replaces the micro and the unit still has the same problem. And I am talking about well trained technicians, not some dummy. It has happened to me on several occasions. The micro is a very hard component to troubleshoot with certainty. It could have a supply voltage missing, a shorted cap connected to it, an open resistor or a resistor that is just out of tolerance connected to it.

Is this IC a surface mount IC, or do the pins go thru the board?

Surface mount IC's are very difficult to replace, without excellent soldering skills you can damage the IC or leave solder bridges and without a high powered magnifier you can't see them.

since this is an old unit, it probably has an IC with the pins thru the board. In a dual inline package. Meaning that the IC is long and rectanglular with pins on both the long sides. Those are easy enough to replace with just decent soldering skills.

Many times with older equipment the micro can have the solder reflowed and it will fix the unit. After so many years, the solder will start to change in it's chemical make-up a little and not conduct very good. It gets heat stressed and you can tell because it will look a little "grainey" and not be nice and shiny.

All micros have a crystal that clocks the cycles of the micro, and you would need a O-scope to check it. Two of the 3 pins of the crystal go to the micro and have a sine wave at the proper frequency. You can also check the voltage on those pins and most measure at about 2.5 volts plus or minus a little. Ref #'s for a crystal start with an "X" like "X201" for example.

Since you must have the service manual for this unit (you have the Denon part number), you can check the schematic and find the crystal and see the frequency there.

I would like to tell you how to handle those emails, but I have never been an asker of questions and I am new here, so I don't really know the right answers on that issue. But I can say that you should only reject the solutions that you are sure are of no help to you. And when you decide to wrap things up on FixYa you should give a "FixYa" rating to the person who gave you the information that solved your problem, or if your problem can not be solved , the person who best helped you make that decison that the unit can not be repaired. Otherwise, Fixya will not give any of the "experts" the couple of dollars they are all trying to make for answering your question. You really should reject answers that just don't make sense to you.

In your case, you are getting some valid answers to where you can find that part, if available, and if you get the same answers from many different people, you should reward the first person who gave you that answer. But do not give a rating to anybody until you are sure you have finished using FixYa for this particular question. It is OK not to reject any answers, just make sure when you are finished, you give somebody credit for solving your problem, whether it results in you finding your part, or finding out you can not get it anywhere. I have yet to get credit for any of my answers on the premium solutions even though I have given people the correct answer, they just did not like the answer. But it doesn't change the fact that I was right about the problem they had. Sometimes the correct answer is not always something the person asking the question can use to fix the problem they are having. Mostly when it means they must take the unit to a repair center because the problem is not something that can be fixed by them. This is not to say that you can not fix this problem, I assume that you have some knowledge of electronics since you were able to get the correct part number that would only be listed in a service manual.

Give me a few hours and I will let you know if that part is available anywhere, in the mean time, lets make sure it really is the part you need. it may be something you will need to find on ebay or something from another one of these same unit's with a different problem.

I work with another Tech who has a saying "it's never the micro" and if you replace the micro and it doesn't fix it he says "at least you know what it isn't"

He is right more times than not.

Posted on Jun 25, 2008

  • 3 more comments 
  • Dave DeGain
    Dave DeGain Jun 25, 2008


    I found another part number that is a generic number, but it is listed as a sub for that part.

    Vance Baldwin has it listed as being availalbe 7/1/2008

    But you really should call them and ask about it. And these other sub numbers from Vance Baldwin. sometime you just have to talk to them to sort it out right.

    Here is that part # CP07169U

    Another sub from Vance Baldwin MN102H51KHZ

    Here is yet another sub from Vance Baldwin: 262121701

    Here is a sub number from TriTronics also generic #

    This one is different from the one above at Vance Baldwin, by one letter: MN102H51KHC

    I put a link to TriTronics in the post on the other thread where you are getting so many solutions.

    But before you order it, it really would be good to verify the micro as the problem.


  • Dave DeGain
    Dave DeGain Jun 25, 2008


    I have spoken to Denon directly and they are researching the part number and the sub number for me. sometimes it takes a while for them to get back, so I will keep you informed as soon as I get more information.

    Like stated before, lets see if we can verify that the micro is the problem. Although I don't have the service manual for this one, it is no longer available and we have only been servicing Denon for about 5 years, I should be able to help you troubleshoot it if you tell me enough information.


  • Dave DeGain
    Dave DeGain Jun 26, 2008

    Denon has called me back. The news is not so good. They say that the part number and the sub are both not available.

    That means that whoever manufacters that part for them no longer makes it. It is still possible that one of the parts distributors may still have one in stock. They just can not get any more when the supply runs out. The parts distributors get the part from the manufacter of the part. And as noted, there still may be a few of the subs available.

    Let me know if you want to try and do some troubleshooting and would like me to help yu with that. Depending on your level of experience, you may not even need my help.


  • Dave DeGain
    Dave DeGain Jun 26, 2008

    Hi DonMoody,

    How is your search going? Any information you can give would be helpful.

    I really would like to help you confirm the micro as the problem, if yo want to do that just let me know.

    If you have a schematic and can make a copy of it, I can help you much more with it if you could email me a copy at


    Denon does not have the service manual in PDF format, so the only one's out there are hard copies. If you have a scanner on your computer you could scan it and email a copy.

    Thanks and I hope to hear from you, but if you would rather not mess with it or don't need my help just let me know, no hard feelings. I just enjoy solving electronics problems, and don't mean to pester you.


  • Dave DeGain
    Dave DeGain Jun 27, 2008

    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Rest assured, I will help you get to the bottom of this problem.

    If you have paid "FixYa!" for asking this question, you should pick somebody to give credit to for helping you before July. I am not sure how long they keep these premium questions open, but there is a good chance that if it takes that long nobody will get credit for it. You would need to do that on the other original thread that we met on. I think by rating somebody "FixYa" it does that, but I am not certain.

    Also, by closing out your question, you will stop getting all of those emails about it. The experts will keep on trying to solve your problem as long as the question is still open. I think you know now that there is really nothing any new expert can help you with that would be new to you. You can always find me with this thread or by going to the home page and clicking on the "Find Experts" link right below the list of the top 5 experts section. I am on page 4 right now, but most likely will be on page 1 or 2 or 3 by then. It just depend on how many questions I answer, not by how good I am. Any time you see the option to click on the ratings you can do that. Each different thread will give you that option. don't worry, for example, if you clicked on the "FixYa" for me in this thread you would not be charged for another question, this is in the free area. Only the other thread that you paid for is for the paid section. And only the person you give a "FixYa" to would get paid anything for it. I really don't think there is any other thing, except rate somebody "FixYa", you would need to do for the paid part.
    I am only going into so much detail because you had told me how you were having problems with knowing what to click, I just don't want you to think I am begging for a "FixYa". I am sure you probably understand, you appear to be a really good person who means well. I tend to go on a bit sometimes (you probably figured that out to). Anyways, I look forward to talking to you in July.


    p.s. You never mentioned if you want to do any extra troubleshooting to confirm the micro problem. Just curious



2 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 1314 Answers

SOURCE: I need a 2621217005 for

Posted on Jun 24, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have an old Denon stereo receiver DRA - 565 RD. Do you know how I can connect my iPhone to the receiver to play music from my iPhone?

You need a 3,5mm male stereo connector to RCA male jacks (see attached image). Plug the 3.5mm jack to your iPhone and the RCA jacks (red & white or red & black) to your Denon Receiver's CD in or Tape 1 or 2 PB (at the rear of the unit). Then select the input where you plugged the RCA to (front of receiver: CD / Tape-2 / Tape-1). Hope this will help. 25303676-z0ul41frrnrex4ege2epffps-1-0.jpg

Dec 02, 2014 | Denon Audio Players & Recorders

11 Answers

I need a 2621217005 for a Denon DRA-1025RA receiver.

Jun 24, 2008 | Denon Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Hi i have a denon dra 685 and when i hook up the speakers i barley get a sound out of it im thinking one of the channels may be out but is there a way i can reset the system as i was given the amp

Hello. My name is Dave. Does this unit have a tape monitor button? If it does, you probably have it switched on. Make sure you turn down your volume before turning the tape monitor off. If not a tape monitor, it may may another switched path that you have engaged. Same fix as above.

Sep 30, 2012 | Denon DRA-685 Receiver

1 Answer

No volume


Apr 10, 2009 | Denon DRA-685 Receiver

1 Answer

2621217005 for a Denon DRA-1025RA receiver

That's fine DonMoody, it can be a little confusing at times. The options are very clearly stated as to what they really mean. Rejecting a solution means, the solution does not help you, or you tried and it did not work, something like that.

I am kinda new here to, about a week. Be very careful who you listen to here, some "guru"'s are not what they seem. But I am sure you can tell by some answers you get.

Is that unit an older stereo reciever? I recognize the "DRA" but not the 1025RA part.

What is tis part you need, sometimes a generic part will do the trick. Depends on just what the generic number is. That should be the number that is printed right on the part if it is an IC

I will see what I can come up with when I get to work in about 6 hours. I go to the doctors in a few minutes and then I go to work.
let's see if we can't solve this for you. If I go thru my sources and can not get the part, it is just not available. sometimes that happens, even with newer equipment.

Jun 25, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Denon Part# 2621217005 for DRA-1025

Sorry after I posted I checked; every distributor that I could find it is listed as unavailable. I even went as far as looking for the type of part it was to see if I could get one with the same specs. I spent a good hour looking for it but it looks like your best bet is going to be a non functioning used unit.

Jun 24, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Denon dra 1025ra seems to be stuck in standby mode. How do I release standby to power up

Unplug receiver from AC outlet, and plug back in. The power reset should clear up the problem.

May 18, 2008 | Denon Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Stereo receiver is in a Panel Lock On mode and will not stay on

Hi, Press the B and the Mode buttons and then hit the power button.  This should unlock the worked for me.

Apr 12, 2008 | Denon DRA-397

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

396 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5309 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74887 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides