Question about GE Microwave Ovens

Open Question

GE profile spacesaver 2.0 microwave, has power, clock reset and I had a power surge, now clock can't be reset and the control panel although lit does not function. what now???

Posted by on

Ad

5 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
fridgetech
  • 473 Answers

SOURCE: GE Microwave JVM3660SD001 Control Panel Removal Procedure

Remove the grill, should be screws on the top of the unit. There should be one screw behind the grill at the top of the control panel. Remove it and pop the control panel up to remove it. Make sure the mw is unplugged first. Then you can remove the board.

Posted on Oct 05, 2007

Ad
  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Microwave interior light

Very easy to replace...at least on my JVM1790. Remove the top vent....the long plastic thing that runs along the top of the MW. Two screws on top of the micro. Behind the charcola filter (if you installed one) is an access area to the bulb. remove one screw and the entire assy comes out. Simply R & R the bulb.

Posted on Apr 02, 2009

SOURCE: It doesn't heat anything. Could putting metal in

This is usually caused by a "Blown" magnetron, and or the High power Diode And YES, putting metal inside the MW, will cause it to fail.
You need to get a "Quote" for any repair, as the repair may cost nearly as much, as new unit. Also the new unit will have a warranty.

Posted on Jul 21, 2010

  • 6771 Answers

SOURCE: have ge profile spacesaver xl sensor. will not

This is most likely a defective magnetron, especially with the burning smell. There are two other parts that can be a problem, the high voltage capacitor and diode, all three work together to heat food. If the magnetron is the culprit, probably cheaper to replace the microwave oven.

Posted on Mar 02, 2011

Testimonial: "Thanks probably will replace it"

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

GE profile built in microwave, panel lit, but does not respond to function


follow this instruction and fix it. God bless you


  1. Controller is confusedA power surge or random non-reproducible action of the universe may have resulted in the controller's program ending up in an infinite loop. Pull the plug for a minute or two to reset it.
  2. Defective Interlock switchesThis can result in the controller thinking the door is open and ignoring you.
  3. CleaningCleaning solutions (spray cleaner) may have gotten inside and shorted out the touchpad or controller. If this happens remove the touchpad, let it air dry for a few days, and then attach it back on the microwave.

Read more: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/microwave-repair-help.html#4#ixzz2ZYTePT1u
http://www.appliancepartspros.com

Jul 19, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How do I unlock the touchpad of my Profile 2.0 Spacemaker Microwave Oven # JVM2070


calvin,
If you have access to where your microwave is plugged in, unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in. This will reset your contol panel. Then follow your book directions to reset the time on the clock. Hope this helps!

Nov 06, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The keypad of my Profile 2.0 over the counter microwave is frozen in the clock mode


Remove power for 15 minutes and see if the clock resets. However if there is no action on the control panel the fault can be either due to a faulty control pad, a faulty board.
Unless the unit is removed to check there is no other option.

Nov 06, 2011 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

Have ge profile spacesaver xl sensor. will not heat strange buzzing sound and burning smell. clock, light, vent still work


This is most likely a defective magnetron, especially with the burning smell. There are two other parts that can be a problem, the high voltage capacitor and diode, all three work together to heat food. If the magnetron is the culprit, probably cheaper to replace the microwave oven.

Mar 02, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Spacesave microwave won't work. Display says REM. What does that mean?


"REM" is "reminder". That's covered in your owner's manual.

Here's a sample:

"The Reminder feature can
be used like an alarm clock
and can be used at any
time, even when the oven
is operating. The
Reminder time can be set
up to 24 hours later.
1 Press REMINDER.
2 Enter the time you want
the oven to remind you.
(Be sure the microwave
clock shows the correct
time of day.)
3 Select AM or PM.
4 Press REMINDER. When
Reminder signal occurs,
press REMINDER to turn
it off. The Reminder
time may be displayed by
pressing REMINDER.
NOTE: The REM indicator
will remain lit to show that
the Reminder is set. To
clear the Reminder before
it occurs, press
REMINDER, then 0. The
REM indicator will no
longer be lit."

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 27, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Keypad number buttons not working on ge spacesaver microwave - auto program buttoms work?


Very angry. Fairly new, little-used Spacesaver Microwave [3][Clock][Surface Light] buttons now do not work. We never even press [3], just [1] and [2] to warm sandwiches.
Unplugged for an hour. Still not working. Everything else works. We never use anything else. Bad solder joint in circuit board or keypad?
Thank you.

Aug 28, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The microwave oven does not have power to the panel.


HI, this will require the skilled hands of a qualified GE tech. the damaged part here is the Magnetron assembly. this is a very sensitive part that creates radiation and the heating process as well. you will need to replace this device asap if possible.

Jul 02, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1750 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Spacesaver powers off 2 seconds after resetting clock and time...


The clue is that you have to reset the clock. You are losing power somehow. the Main Board thinks it is being unplugged and it resets the clock and you have to start all over. The fact that after so many times it will finally work tells me that whatever bad connection you have is finally getting hot enough to expand and make a good enough connection to keep working. Intermittant connections are the worse to find. A lot of trial and error to find the problem. can be bad fuse and fuse holder ( in the unit), bad outlet, loose wire at circuit breaker, loose wire at outlet. Even a loose breaker where it snaps onto the buss bar in the Breaker Box. Etc, it an really drive you nuts trying to find it. Try the unit in a totally different area making sure it is on a compleately different circuit breaker and see what it does, if the problem follows the unit, the problems is in the unit. If not, electrical problems, outlet, breaker, panel,

Aug 18, 2017 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Microwave shuts off after 2-5seconds


The problem is most likely the magtube, it takes aprox 3 sec for the tube to energize and then it kills the microwave. If you drop the control panel away and start the microwave 90% of the time it will cook fine.

Nov 19, 2006 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

0 Answers

GE Microwave JVM1441BH04: Safe to reconnect replacement stirrer & turntable motors after accidentally burning out the turntable motor? GE JVM1441BH04 Over Stove Microwave: Tapping noise was coming from the 21v AC stirrer motor which sits atop the cooking chamber. I disconnected the two connecting leads, unfastened the single screw holding it on, placed in on my scanner glass to get a high rez photo of all the specifics listed on the motor label. Bad news: While waiting for the scan to finish, I warmed my coffee in the microwave on the highest heat for 30 seconds. I subsequently discovered the 21v AC turntable motor, which had been working just fine, was now no longer working, with infinite resistance across its terminals, and a burnt electrical smell. Both the stirrer and turntable motors are powered by a 24v tap off the magnetron fan. My theory: By running the microwave with the stirrer motor out of the circuit, I delivered excessive voltage to the turntable motor, which quickly fried. The 24v tap off the magnetron fan motor currently shows the correct 24v output. However, with both the stirrer motor and turntable motor disconnected, running the microwave for a few seconds shows approx 95v across the wire leads for both of the 21v motors. I have obtained replacement motors for both the noisy stirrer motor and the fried turntable motor. My question: Can I simply reconnect both motors in their proper locations, vow never again to run one without the other connected, and all will be well? Or will the newly installed motors simply be fried in a matter of seconds?

Jan 04, 2018 | GE Microwave Ovens

Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

133 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9086 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1179 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...