Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
My ps3 doesn't show me my friends list, and people on my list say that they can still see me on theirs, and when i try n add people to my list, nothing happens, and if people try n add me to their list, when i accept it says and error has occured...what do i do?
First go to settings and have the PS3 update the system's date and time via internet. If that fails, try rebuilding your database (It's helped many people in the past).
This is how to rebuild your database:
1. Turn off your PS3.
2. Press and Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. Once the system is off then take your finger off the button.
3. Press and Hold the power button down again until you hear 2 consecutive beeps.
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button.
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
7. Select the Rebuild System Database option.
The Recovery Menu supports the following options:
• Restart System: Restarts the PS3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the Operating System for the PS3 (doesn't delete anything).
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Updates the PS3 firmware to current version.
***** WORKED FOR ME *****
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
If your friends list doesnt show go to internet connection then goto media server connection
then disable it..if your friends list doesnt show instantly sign off and on then your friends will come back
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
Ive just fixed it, its to do with ur comment box, so if u changed in last few days changed back, then ur friends will re appear
Posted on May 05, 2009
Same thing happened to me but I figured out how to solve it. Just change you comment and boom!, all your friends should just appear at once. I know this doesnt sound beliveble at first but just try it, it fixed my problem.
By COMMENT, I mean the speach buuble above your name on your friends list.
Posted on May 18, 2009
I have changed my comment but I still cant see my friends list.
Please help anyone?
Posted on Jan 22, 2010
Now i won't promise this will work, but i have done some looking around online and i have found ways that people have fixed it.( By the way, mine still does not work despite trying some of these, ALTHOUGH people have fixed it using one or more of these methods)
1. I have read that people logging in and out will fix this, so just try logging in, then logging out, etc;
2. I have read that it may be a connection problem, (this is probably the most "backed up" solution i have found), so try something like trying a friend's connection or try jump-starting your wireless (unplug everything in your modem, router, etc; for two minutes, restart your PS3, then plug back in)
3. This method will probably not be the top pick for most, but resetting your system to its defaults I have heard has worked, my best bet would be to write down your PSN and password, and save everything like game saves and such, onto a pen drive. Then start your PS3 up again and put it all back on.
Finally, I am not submitting this as a "for sure" way to fix yours and my friend's list problem, simply trying to spread the word on how to solve this ridiculous and utterly annoying phenomena, as i have firsthand knowledge of what it's like.
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
Did say what error it is or yust "and error has occured"?
Try to restart your sony if that not works i will try something else
Posted on Jun 26, 2008
Solution 2 was the BEST solution because It did worked for me :)
Posted on Dec 22, 2009
I tried all those solutions unfortunately did not work. But instead of re-starting your modem I went under network setting and pressed triangle on Internet Connection and Disabled it for about 15 seconds and re-enabled it. All my friends started popping up. I would suggest trying them all though.
Posted on Oct 23, 2013
Today I have lost my friend in my garden and farmville, still on my friend list in facebook how can I get them back on my game list.
Posted on Nov 07, 2012
Can anyone tell me why my ps3 dosent tell me when i have a friend request or a message?
Posted on Aug 23, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 09, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Feb 16, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 04, 2010 | Facebook Social Network
Oct 25, 2009 | Facebook Social Network
Sep 12, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 08, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 13, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 09, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
11,712 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!