Question about Microsoft Xbox Console
All Details Below On How To.
Turn off your 360 Unit
Remove all memory devices
restart 360 Unit
go to system blade > Console Settings > System Info
left trigger, right trigger, x, y, left bumper, right bumper, up, left bumper, left bumper, x.
This should bring up a menu
Reset System Settings
Resetting your system settings
will return all console settings to
factory defaults. Do you want to
reset to factory defaults?
Yes, reset settings
No, don't reset settings
select to reset settings
your screen should go blank for about 2 seconds
then the language blade should appear that lists several different languages,
select your preferred language
then a blade that says "Xbox 360 Storage Device" should appear
With the options of,
Continue without one
select to Continue without a profile
Then an Initial Setup Complete screen should appear
with the options of,
High Definition Settings
select Xbox Dashboard
Now turn the system off, insert the Memory Unit or Hard Drive, and turn the system back on.
No more Parental Control lock.
Posted on Jun 30, 2008
Here is the procedure to reset the parental lock code(for original Xbox):
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
SOURCE: PS2 PARENTAL CONTROL CODE
This is the only way to turn "off" parental control lock on the custom setup screen.
1) turn off ps2 with no dvd in drive.
2) turn on ps2 and insert dvd in drive.
3) when it asks about parental password, choose 'yes'.
4) when prompted for password, press 'select'.
5) the prompt will change and say 'delete password'. enter '7444'.
6) enter a new password (0000 works).
7) registration complete, dvd will start playing.
8) once the movie starts, press 'select'.
9) click the 'stop' icon.
10) click the 'stop' icon again (the icon must be gray even when you have it highlighted).
11) navigate to 'custom setup' ('select', setup icon, custom setup icon)
12) move to parental control option, press right directional button, enter password (0000).
13) move down to 'level'.
14) move up to desired level (off is at the top).
15) click 'x'.
16) go back to 'select' menu options, and press 'play'.
17) while movie is playing, eject disk and remove dvd.
18) turn ps2 off using switch on the back, keep off for five seconds.
19) turn on ps2, put dvd back in.
20) happy dance. ;)
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
Go to My Xbox>System Settings>Memory on your xbox dashboard. Delete your profile only (not profile and games) from the hard drive and then recover it to the console. To recover your gamertag to your console, all you need is the email address and password associated with the account.
Posted on Oct 12, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2013 | Philips PH-DVD5 Remote Control
Apr 02, 2012 | Televison & Video
May 09, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 07, 2011 | Sanyo DWM-390 DVD Player
Nov 12, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jul 21, 2009 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Jun 18, 2009 | Jensen JER-822 Remote Control
May 06, 2009 | Televison & Video
Dec 20, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox Console
Jul 11, 2008 | Video Game Consoles & Games
9,485 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!