Question about AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter Transceiver
I have the same problem now... did you figure out a method to get it to work again? I remember having this problem before, found an answer on an Australian website and unfortunately I didn't print it out as the page doesn't exist anymore...
The wonderful Asante tech support people talked me through this fix (for free), just the other day.
This is for system 10.5.x:
1. Delete that printer from your list of printers in System Preferences.
2. Make sure your computer, printer, and Asante box are all hooked up together and turned on.
3. Click + under the list of printers in System Preferences.
4. Click AppleTalk icon in top row of dialogue box that appears.
5. After a moment, click Bluetooth icon instead.
6. After a moment, unplug the power cord from your Asante box (but not from the electrical outlet).
7. After a moment, re-plug the power cord into your Asante box and, as soon as possible after the "TX" light comes on, click the AppleTalk icon again.
8. Within a few moments, your printer's name should appear. Highlight its name, then make sure all the information about it that appears is correct, then click "Add."
9. Everything should communicate beautifully. I had no further problems.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2012 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Hewlett Packard HP Mini...
Jun 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 10, 2008 | Jabra T-Mobile Wing / Dash / SDA /...
Mar 09, 2008 | AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter...
660 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: