I just got a vista laptop not even 3 months ago and i have another hdd w/ vista on it that i want to install xp on. when i boot the xp install disk, it says it cant detect my hdd, but when i reboot it without the xp cd in it, vista loads up fine
I regret to inform you that it is not possible to install XP in the HP or Compaq Notebooks which are shipped with the Vista Operating System. To install XP in your notebook, you need to disable SATA option from the BIOS . I am afraid that there is no SATA disable option the BIOS. Hence, it is not possible to install XP in the notebook.
I understand some of the softwares are not compatible with Vista operating system. But, if you insall Vista SP1 in your notebook. You can also use the software which were not compatible with Vista, after installing Vista SP1.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you will not be able to put os in the same hdd on a computer.also if vista is installed on one hdd & the other partition is on the same hdd so please try not to install 2 windows on same hdd,its not possible...
HELLO I AM RAVICHANDRAN FROM iRELAND, I BOUGHT THE EEE PC 900 SERIES WINXP, I GB RAM CELERON 900 PROCESSOR. NOW WIDOWS XP IS CORRPTED, WHAT CAN I DO . I HAVE A USB DVD DRIVE. HOW IS BOOT THE BOOTABLE CD. PLEASE DETAILY EXPLAIN ME STEP BY STEP
i think i know what yr saying. if u installed the xp into yr hard disk from a diff system then brings it back to yr system it possibly will not work cos these board were not made of the same chips. i dont think yr motherboeard is bad i think yu have just done the wrong thing.
if yu can tell me yr problem in details i will tell u what to do.
1. make sure your laptop is set to startup from a cd
2. after laptop finds the bootinfo from the cd and asks you to press any key to start from cd, press any key and xp setup will start.
3. in xp setup your going to need to delete your vista partitions, preferably all partitions and then proseed to install xp into a new partition.
4. proseed with the windows setup follow the instructions and configure your settings as you wish.