Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Tv will not stay on, keeps shutting off. smell burning

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 8,617 Answers

Whats the model number of your set?

Posted on Jun 25, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Burning smell


Something may be keeping the brush roll from spinning freely which may have caused the belt to break.

Jan 02, 2014 | Electrolux Central Vacuum

1 Answer

GE 25GT270 TV had a jumpy picture for a short time, then TV shut down. Afterward, smelled a burning smell. What happened and can I fix it?


Check its vertical output section circuit for damaged component/s. Check the vertical output IC.

Feb 19, 2013 | GE 25GT270 TV

1 Answer

Miele Vacuum Cleaner - burning smell / motor won't stay on


check brush the belt may have popped off and is binding or brush is binding clean brush of any debris thread/hair wrapped binding brush and check and or replace belt

Mar 24, 2010 | Miele S318 Bagged Canister Vacuum

1 Answer

No picture, perfect sound, burning smell


I assume this is an LCD tv that you have? I would think a fault has developed on your inverter board with one of the components having burnt out & shutting off the drive to the backlights hence the smell & lines on the picture. It would be advisible to take it to a repair centre to have it repaired to check the burning issue as a matter of safety

Aug 04, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

TV won't stay powered on, there is a odor and the power led is I believe flashing a 312 code


if the smell is like after a thunderstorm,it is ozone from a high voltage leak in the transformer.if it a burning smell,it could be semiconductors or resistors burning

Jul 08, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video

1 Answer

Melting plastic smell/ computer slow and shuts down after about 15mins


Hi there.
The reason you can smell burning plastic and why its shutting down after a short time is because its overheating. This can be caused by a build up of dust on the CPU fan, overtime with dust build up computers struggle to keep themselves cool and tend to shut down unexpectedly, chances are this is the problem with your machine, my advice would be to remove the power cord, open the side panel of the computer and clean all the dust away from inside the tower, do this with a soft, clean paintbrush making sure you remove the dust carefully and gently, also make sure the CPU fan and the heat sync behind it is completely free of dust or any other foreign objects.
Once you are happy that its clear of dust, close or return the side panel, plug in the power cord and turn the PC on, you may find that the PC will stay on for longer with the smell dramatically reduced.

Please post back with the results and thanks for using FixYa!!

May 22, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet

2 Answers

My 61 inch RCA HD TV started to shut of by itself.


RCA hdtv has a crackle then smell like something burning and then shuts off. What could the problem be

Mar 28, 2009 | RCA HD61W66 61" Projection HDTV

1 Answer

TV shuts off by itself and has a burning smell


mine is doing the same thing but i was able to pinpoint it to a capacitor arching and smoking. haven't replaced it yet so i'm not sure if it's just a bad capacitor or a more involved issue.

Jul 29, 2008 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television

2 Answers

SAMSUNG HT-X50


Do you smell anything burning. This happened to me and I cut it back on. It stayed on for 30 secs or so and did the same thing. After doing this 2-3 times, I smelled a burning. Being a member of the Fire Dept, I didn't want to see my buddy's coming to the house, so I unplugged it. The next day, I took it apart and there was a burnt resistor or something under neath the fan. I took it back and they gave me a new receiver, but I'm expecting the same with this one.

May 16, 2008 | Samsung HT-X50 System

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

48 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

71736 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6694 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

68032 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...