Question about Samsung HL-R6167W 61" HDTV
I have the buzzing noise coming from a 61" Samnsung that you've commented on for previous people. How much does a color wheel cost? Is this something that can be replaced by a "non-tech"
The Color Wheel (part# BP96-00674A) will run you just under $100 from www.samsungparts.com and they offer a variety of shipping methods which will increase your total amount spent. I just received mine today and I ordered it this past Sunday night. My HLR6167W started buzzing and gave me a black and white picture that morning and I was all over the internet investigating the symptom. I elected to go with the color wheel based on what I was seeing and all the different things I read up on. I plan on putting it in tonight and will let you know the difficulty surrounding its installation when I am done.
Posted on Jul 01, 2008
There is a YouTube video for replacing the color wheel on Samsung DLP TVs that helped me get through it easily. Search there for "samsung dlp color wheel".
Posted on Nov 22, 2012
READ FIRST - The above is very very good (well the solution posted by marc8247, I found a couple of suggestions that may help further and would have been usefull to have:
1. Understand that the first main goal is to remove the entire plate of components assembly, not just get at the thing. This means that a large "plate" that the lamp, color wheel, projector, Fans etc is what slides out, basically everything to the right of where you plug inputs like component and S-video in to. There are ONLY 4 screws and 3 connectors to get this done - screw to the left of the middle, and the 3 on the chrome L. Power cable, DVI connector, and White ribbon like cable both ends.
2. The silver plate is more Chrome and is indeed in the lower right. It is somewhat L in shape laying down to the left. So take an L and knock it over to the left and you have the shape.
3. The White cord is a white DVI connector, the one connecting to the input assembly is the one to take off. (where you plug in your components, S-Vid, etc.).
4. The Other cord (the ont that goes to the left) to remove is a 2 fer - It is a ribbon like cable about an inch accross on the top and by the blue and gray cable.
5. When it is hard to pull out the culprets are metal tabs to the left, push the plate to the side to allow black bezel to pass and let the little white plastic wire holder break, you don't need it.
5.5 - Put all the rubber in place before putting the new color wheel on and secure all the rubber.
6. When you pull the flat ribbon cable off and then freak out because it is flat metal and there was no loosening, dont worry, just be careful putting the new one back in and pay attention to the way the metal goes and press in a steady motion down slowly and it will ease in there.
7. Replace the lamp at the same time, and when you do and it (lamp) does not fit - the culpret is the two holes above and below the screw. Take a drill and find the closest match and just lightly drill out the holes a little larger - SAMSUNG tells you just to have someone push on the other side of the TV, no way jose. Don't be scared about the 120w next to the P, that is the right lamp.
Posted on Jul 10, 2008
To answer your question, i had the same thing happen and I contacted best buy and ordered the part for $96.00. Also if you explore the Youtube website there is a video on how to relpace the color wheel your self, it worked for me. Good luck
Posted on Mar 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 08, 2011 | Samsung HLP6163W 61" Rear Projection...
Apr 04, 2011 | Samsung HLP6163W 61" Rear Projection...
Nov 28, 2010 | Samsung HLN617W 61" Rear Projection HDTV
Oct 03, 2010 | Samsung HLN617W 61" Rear Projection HDTV
Aug 31, 2010 | Samsung HL-P6163W 61" TV
Apr 16, 2010 | Samsung HLT6187SAX 61" DLP HDTV
Dec 24, 2007 | Samsung DLP HL-P5663W 56" TV
3,314 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!