Question about LG Microwave Ovens
The cooling fans must be working and vents clear to ensure good cooling air flow.
Otherwise, the magnetron will overheat and it will shut down.
If this continues too long, the magnetron will be damaged.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jun 29, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2013 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Jan 07, 2013 | Danby Designer Series DMW111KPSSDD
Oct 21, 2017 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Aug 21, 2010 | Maytag MMV1163DS Stainless Steel 1000...
May 25, 2010 | Maytag UMV1152BAS Microwave Oven
Dec 12, 2009 | Samsung Microwave Ovens
Oct 10, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
May 14, 2008 | Thermador Microwave Ovens
Nov 18, 2007 | Microwave Ovens
It may be that the high-voltage transformer or magnetron has failed and is loading down the voltage. The presence of smoke usually indicates a bad transformer.
I would try a toaster or toaster oven in that outlet to see if it works right. That's a good line load test.
If you don't feel good air flow, it can overheat and ruin the magnetron.
If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Aug 28, 2007 | LG LMV1650ST Microwave Oven
235 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!