My printer will not print as it keeps showing a 'paper jammed in outlet slot' message. i have checked this area and these is no paper jammed. when i turn the printer off and then back on it feeds a piece of paper through without any problems but then brings the paper jam message up again.
can any one help
I've only used this once for 2 8x10 photo's, came thru beautiful. Now can't feed anything thru, top or bottom. Tried roller cleaning, paper won't go thru. Pulled back off, no jam.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Error E3 : Check if the paper has jammed in the machine, reload the paper in the machine correctly and then press [Black] or [Color].
Paper Jams :
Cause : Paper jams in the paper output slot/ Auto Sheet Feeder.
Landscape Credit Card sized paper jams inside the machine.
Action : Remove the paper according to the following procedure.
1) Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Auto Sheet Feeder or from the paper output slot, whichever is easier.
* If the paper tears and a piece remains inside the machine, open the Scanning Unit and remove it. Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine at this time. After removing the paper, close the Scanning Unit, turn the machine OFF and turn it back ON.
* If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine OFF and turn it back ON. The paper will eject automatically.
2) Reload the paper into the machine and press [Black] or [Color].
* If you have turned OFF the machine in step , you will need to retry printing, because this operation cancels any print jobs in progress.
If you cannot remove the paper or the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact a Canon service representative.
Important : You cannot load Credit Card sized paper in the landscape orientation.
These printers are FULL of very sensitive sensors, and chances are that one of them may have a small piece of paper blocking them. If you can get the covers off by finding the "Triangle" arrow markers, you can inspect all these sensors.
The 6A00 is a Canon generic code for paper path jam.
Solution 1: Move the printhead carriage back and forth a few times.
Solution 2: Check the purge unit: Moving the print head assembly will not clear a purge unit if its jammed with paper, paper clips, push pins, screws, cookie crisp, flower bud pods or the like.
Solution 3: Press the ink pads down in the purge unit. Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Hi guys, I eventually found a solution to the problem for my printer. With the top cover open, I pushed a sheet of 120 micron thickness A4 clear plastic binding cover through the exit tray as far as it would go to rest against the bottom row of rollers. I switched the printer off then back on again and as the rollers lifted momentarily, I pushed the sheet of plastic as far up through the machine as I could before the rollers went down again - it went in a fair distance. The printer then ejected the plastic sheet. I then put the plastic sheet into the paper tray and tried to print a blank document page. The plastic fed through cleanly and my printer has been working since without any error messages. I hope this works for you.