Question about Computers & Internet
How about removing the DVD-Rom drive from the same Sattelite laptop?
I have written down steps on how to remove the DVD-Rom drive for you.
Toshiba notebooks most screws are marked.
F4 - flat-head screw 4mm long
B6 - button-head screw 6mm long
F16 - flat-head screw 16mm long
B8 - button-head screw 8mm long
When you are taking apart a laptop you'll have to deal with lots of screws. Keep everything organized. I keep them in small cups separated easier to find and don’t get lost.
1. Remove the laptop battery
2. Carefully lift off the securing strip at the top of the keyboard.
3. Remove the keyboard securing strip.
4. Remove all screws securing the laptop keyboard.
5. Disconnect the keyboard cable from the system board. Lift the edges of the connector first and then carefully disconnect the keyboard cable.
6. Remove screws securing the power switch board.
7. Disconnect the USB cable from the system board \motherboard
8. Lift off the power switch board.
9. Remove all screw from the support plate.
10. Remove the DVD drive securing screw.
11. Slide the DVD drive to the right and remove it.
12. Slide in the new DVD drive and follow this backwards.
Hope this helps it is not hard just have to take time an becareful when removing the securing strip at the top of the keyboard to get to screws.
Any questions I will be glad to help answer for you.
Posted on Jun 24, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2013 | Gateway DX4200-09 PC Desktop
Dec 30, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jun 29, 2011 | E-Machines Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2011 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Feb 21, 2011 | Compaq Evo D510 PC Desktop
Jul 12, 2009 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Feb 23, 2009 | eMachines T5274 Desktop PC
Jan 29, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 27, 2008 | Acer Computers & Internet
Sep 11, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 17, 2017 | Websites
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!