Question about Sewing Machines
Unable to locate my manual...just need help on properly threading the machine.
Solution taken from "Handbook for Huskylock Sewing Machine Models 1001L/1000L/1000"
1. Raise the presser foot by using presser foot lever. When the presser foot is raised, the two thread tension discs in the thread tension control panel are released so that thread passes freely between them. Otherwise thread tension may not be correct.
Important! When threading the needle, always be sure to lift the presser foot lever, and also take care to thread in the proper order.
1. Upper looper thread (green)
2. Lower looper thread (blue)
3. Double chain stitch looper thread (purple) in case of 5 thread stitch or double chain stitch
4. Right needle thread (red)
5. Left needle thread or double chain needle thread (yellow)
Because the left thread tension dial (yellow) is used for either the left needle or the double chain stitch needle, these needles will never be used at the same time.
Upper looper (green) sequence:
1. Thread holder (silver triangle openings attached to thread holder stand)
2. Thread guide (flat silver clips just behind thread tension disc)
3. Thread tension disc (circular knobs with numbers for tension setting)
4. Pull thread around upper looper guide and upper looper
5. Pull thread into hole of upper looper
Lower looper (blue)
Repeat 1, 2, 3.
4. Pull thread around guide (see color coded chart inside front serger cover).
Easy threading mechanism (for lower looper)
1. Pull out the lower looper threading lever
2. Thread the lower looper and position the thread on hook of the lower looper
3. Push the lower looper threading lever back to its basic position while
holding the end of the thread.
When returning the lower looper threading lever, always make sure that the two
blue triangle marks (directional arrows) meet each other.
Right needle thread (red)
Left needle thread (yellow)
Important: Thread the needles after threading of lower looper and upper looper.
First raise the presser foot lever, and then thread the needle threads in order shown in color coded thread guide.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2015 | Sewing Machines
May 31, 2014 | Husqvarna Huskylock Computerized 910
Oct 01, 2013 | Husqvarna Viking 1
Aug 31, 2010 | Husqvarna Freesia 425
Sep 30, 2009 | Sewing Machines
Jul 24, 2009 | Husqvarna Huskylock Computerized 905
Apr 12, 2009 | Husqvarna Huskylock Computerized 936
Jun 23, 2008 | Husqvarna Huskylock Computerized 910
2,134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!