I turned my tv on and and it came on for about 5 min then turned off.I pressed the off button and the red light started blinking in a series of 5 blinks at a time.I think it is the bulb since it has not been replaced since 20005 when it was purchased..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try this: 1) turn on the TV 2) from the remote control press MENU 2,4,7,0 then ENTER 3) tv will state on screen that it is INITIALIZING 4) when done press the front reset button. 5) should be good to go!Let me know if this works
Here is a walk through on how to set your convergence.
A quick and easy way to try and let the TV realign the convergence try this...
1) Turn on the TV and tune to a channel and let it warm up for about a half an hour to let everything settle into its normal operating mode.
2) Press the Flash Focus button on the original TV remote. A cross pattern will show on the screen and the process is complete when the cross turns white and the TV returns to the program you were watching.
3) Do not press any other buttons until this process has completed.
If this does not adjust it enough you can adjust the convergence manually as follows:
1) Press the menu button on the original TV remote.
2) Use the arrow keys on the remote to highlight setup and press + button to select.
3) Use arrow keys to select convergence and press + button to select.
4) A pattern of white crosses appears, with a yellow [ ] around one of the crosses. Aligned crosses (which do not need adjustment) look white and have little or no red or blue showing. Crosses that are not aligned show red or blue shades beyond their edges.
5) Use the arrow keys to move the [ ] to a cross that is not aligned. ***Note: start with crosses in the middle and work outward **** *** TIP: Set the alignment while about 5 feet from TV for better results ****
6) Press the + button to select the cross and the [ ] will turn red indicating it is ready to adjust the Red convergence.
7) Use the arrow keys to move the red cross on top of the white one or at least as close as you can get it.
8) Once the Red is aligned press the + key again and the [ ] will turn blue. This indicates it is now ready to adjust the blue convergence.
9) Use the arrow keys to move the blue cross on top of the white one or at least as close as you can get it.
10) Once you have aligned the blue cross press the + button again and the [ ] should turn yellow.
11) Repeat steps 5 through 10 until all the crosses are aligned. To exit back to regular programming press the menu button on the remote.
It is most deffinately a convergence chip issue. The die for no reason. They can be bought online for around $10 dollars and anyone with experience with soldering can replace them pretty easily. I have done it.