Question about Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Es, hello FixYa!
i just reformatted my computer and i have windows xp, i plug in my mic, and it doesnt work, While i go on my other computer and i can talk to other people, witch is ****, and on my computer it doesnt work, i can hear out of it but i cannot talk threw it, I havent had this problem, i always used sigmatel audio and its always worked with this mic.
I have tried everything, seeing if it was unmuted, turning volume up.
Its lame...and i just bought another mic! and it still doesnt work!
someone please help me.
just dont say "is it mute? or, are you using windows vista?"
P.S. PLEASE HELP XD
I understand you know what you are doing, but sometimes step by step tips might help you with something you could have overlooked, so here we go;
- You have selected the proper driver for the recordings (mike input) in : Volume Settings ~ Options ~ Properties ~ selcet the right mixer
- There is no other audio program installed that overruled the standard Windows setting to use another input driver or I/Face ?
- I am not 100% sure if the 5100 has a front entry Mike input, but if so, have you checked that input, instead of the standard backside input ?
- I know that some Dells have a small applet running that automatically detects if a device is connected to the mike input or speaker output. Play a bit with these connectors in/out, speaker/mike. Maybe the applet pops up and needs to be reconfigured. I'm sorry I cannot tell you which applet it is and how to start it from Windows, maybe someone else can help with that.
- Try the straight forward program Windows recorder in Start ~ Programs ~ Accessories ~ Entertainment ~ Sound Recorder ~ Edit ~ Audio Properties and selecxt the proper Audio Interface.
Good Luck !
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 21, 2010 | Gear Head WC330I Webcam
Mar 25, 2010 | ASUS F3Jc-AP141C Notebook
Jan 21, 2009 | HP G60-120US Laptop
Oct 31, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 23, 2008 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Aug 21, 2010 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!