- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
PAPER JAM A paper misfeed occurred in the main unit. Open the cover at the indicated location, and then remove the misfed paper. (“When the Message (Flashing alternately) OPEN XXX SIDE COVER All misfed paper was not removed from the main unit. Check the message in the display for the location of the paper misfeed, and then remove the misfed paper. ORIGINAL DOC.JAM A paper misfeed occurred in the Document Feeder. All misfed paper was not removed from the Automatic Document Feeder. Open the Document Feeder Cover and the Document Feeder, and then remove the misfed paper. (Flashing alternately) OPEN DOC.FEED COVER ∗REMOVE PAPER IN BYPASS TRAY∗ Paper is loaded in the Manual Bypass. Remove the paper from the Manual Bypass. FRONT COVER OPEN The Front Cover of the main unit is open or not securely closed. Securely close the Front Cover. (Flashing alternately) CLOSE FRONT COVER DUPLEX COVER OPEN The Duplex Unit Cover is open or not securely closed. Securely close the Duplex Unit Cover. (Flashing alternately) CLOSE DUPLEX COVER DOCUMENT COVER OPEN The Document Feeder is lifted up (while a document is loaded into it). Securely close the Document Feeder. (Flashing alternately) CLOSE DOCUMENT COVER DOC.FEED COVER OPEN The Document Feeder Cover is open. Securely close the Document Feeder Cover. (Flashing alternately) CLOSE DOC.FEED COVER TONER EMPTY The toner is empty. Copying and printing cannot be performed. Replace the toner bottle with a new one. SUPPLY TONER PAPER EMPTY The selected paper tray has run out of paper. indicates the paper tray, and “XXX” indicates the paper size. Load paper of the specified size into the specified paper tray.
Where does this "system error" message appear? On your printer display or on your computer screen? Try to remove the sheets of paper from the feeder. Open the printer cover and remove the cartridges. Close the cover. Unplug and replug the printer into the power outlet to reset itself. When the printer turns on, reinsert the cartridges. Then load some paper. Try to print again and see if the error appears again.
Change the toner cartridge , i have many units phaser3200 and this is one of
the problem , but only if the toner cartridge is very old and many time
refilled , if not , change the Laser unit .
Remove a misfed document if the copier displays a message
reading "Document Jam." Lift up the document feeder cover and turn the
roller to remove an Exit Misfed document. Lower the document feeder back
into place and feed the document through again. If the document is
jammed on the Input side, open the cover and gently pull the misfed
document to the right and out of the feeder.
Pull out the paper tray and lift the tray to release it from
the copier if the copier displays a message reading "Paper Jam O."
Remove the jammed document, and open and close the side panel of the
copier to clear the error message.
Unplug the power cord and plug it back in again if the copier
displays a message reading "Fuser Error, Open Heat Error, Heating Error
and Overheat." If the problem persists, call for a service.
Remove the toner cartridge and shake it from side to side if
the copier displays a message reading "No Developer Cartridge." If this
does not do the trick, you may need to replace the cartridge. Pull the
release latch to open the side cover, and open the front cover. Twist
the cartridge locking-lever upwards and remove the toner cartridge.
Insert the new cartridge and lock the lever into place. Shut the front
cover and the side cover.
Power off the unit and power it on again if the copier
displays a message reading "LSU Error." A problem has occurred with the
Laser Scanning Unit. If the problem persists, call for a service.
Error 6000 gets displayed when there is a paper jam or other general malfunction. When the message "6000 Printer error has occurred. Turn off the printer
then back on again. If the problem persists, see the manual." Is
displayed, something may block the paper feed tray from opening.
If the printer is surrounded with documents or when you copy
large documents such as books, make sure that you secure the clear space
in front of the tray before printing / copying. When the error message
above is displayed and if you find something is in front of the tray,
remove it. Then, turn OFF the printer and back ON again and the printer
will be ready for printing.
If you still have the trouble, contact the repair service. Check the printer for any paper jam or try to reset the printer to release memory code errors.
1. Press and hold the Resume button for 1 - 2 minutes.
2. Open the cover.
3. Remove the cartridge and then reinstall it.
4. Close the cover.
5. Turn Off the printer.
6. Turn On the printer.
If you receive an "Open front cover" error message the solution is to open the cover and remove the paper and any remnants of the paper jam. If there is no obvious paper remnants jamming the printer and you continue to receive an error message I would suggest unplugging the printer from the power source.
After 5 - 10 minutes plug in to power source.
Turn on printer.
See if this has resolved error message. If not you will need to check more carefully for paper remnants that would be causing the printer to detect a jam.
If message in display panel reads [13.XX PAPER JAM [LOCATION]]Media is jammed at the specified location (and possibly at other locations). If
the message persists after all jams have been cleared, a sensor or sensor lever
might be stuck or broken. Soln. For all jam messages, do the following: 1. Remove jammed print media from the
specified location. Check the entire paper path for other pieces of media in the
path. 2. Open and close the top cover to clear the message. 3. Check sensors and
flags in the paper path for proper operation.
For message 3.0 PAPER JAM [LOCATION] means A non-specific paper jam occurred. Soln 1. Remove jammed media from the specified location. 2. Verify the paper tray is
fully closed. 3. Inspect and/or replace the feed and separation rollers. 4.
Ensure there is no obstruction in the path, such as a torn piece of paper. 5.
Open and close the top cover to clear the message. 6. Check sensors and flags
for proper operation.
This error message is displayed by the printer when paper is jammed in one or more locations. In such a case, users are recommended to remove the jammed paper from the specified location. The entire paper path must be checked for any pieces of paper. To stop the message, open and close the top most cover of the printer. Lastly, verify the flags and the sensors. If the problem persists, the cause of the error message could be a broken sensor or sensor lever.
error 1203 means either or both cartridges have short circuited and needs replacement..
You will need to perform the following steps to find out which cartridge is defective:
1. With the printer turned ON, open the front cover and remove both cartridges from the printer. 2. Power the printer OFF and unplug the power cable for 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn ON the printer. 3. If the error message is now cleared from the printer, please perform the "Self-Test" by following the steps below:
1. Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.
If the printer has detected a "Cartridge Missing" error, then please follow the steps given below:
1. Turn the power OFF. 2. Open the front cover. 3. Turn the power back ON. The print cartridge carrier should move to the install position located in the middle of the printer. If it does not, close and reopen the cover: 4. Reseat both cartridges in the printer and check for the error. 5. If the error still displays, then remove the color print cartridge. 6. Close the cover. 7. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the color cartridge has short-circuited. 8. However, if you continue to get an error, repeat steps 1-3, and then go to step 9. 9. Remove the black print cartridge and reinsert the color cartridge. 10. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the black cartridge has short-circuited. 11. If you continue to receive an error in both cartridge scenarios, both print cartridges have short-circuited.