I have windows 7. When i try to play Nancy Drew: Danger by design a box pops up requesting i insert disc 1. There is only one disc! It seems to work ok on windows xp. Ca you suggest anything to make it...
From the Nancy Drew web site:
Windows Vista/7 Support
Installing older games (#1-13) with Windows Vista/7.
While our older games are not completely
Windows Vista/7 compliant (notably games #1-13), there is a workaround
which has been successful for most players. Please take the following
steps to manually install.
had previously installed, uninstall the game and then delete all
remaining game file folders from your computer, including emptying them
out of your Recycle Bin. These files may be in one of the following
C:\Program Files\Nancy Drew\
In your Documents folder: C:\Users\Username\Documents\
Once this is done, make sure you're logged
on as an Administrator for your computer and manually install by taking
the following steps:
1. Go to your "Documents" folder and create a new folder. Rename the folder with the title of the game.
2. Insert game Disk 1 in your disk drive and open "Computer" from the "Start" menu.
3. Double-click on your CD-Rom/DVD drive,
look for a Setup or Setup Launcher Installshield file. Double-click this
file to start the installation process.
4. When install asks what directory you want your game to install to, click "Browse".
5. Navigate to the game folder you created
by selecting "C:" drive, then "Users" (or User name), then "Documents",
then select the game folder.
6. Continue forward with the installation
process, when asked if you want to install DirectX, check "No, I will
7. Upon completion, uncheck the "Play Now" box, click finish and exit setup.
For game titles #1-5, follow these three additional steps:
1. Right-click the game icon that is now on your desktop, select "Properties".
2. Under "Properties", click on the "Compatibility" tab.
3. Check the "Run in Compatibility Mode" box and then select "Windows 98/Me" from the drop-down menu.
You should now be able to open and play the
game. If you installed an older version of DirectX with the game,
please go to Microsoft's Download Center to download and install the
latest version of DirectX for your version of Windows.
Aug 03, 2010 |