Pulled Harddrive and ethernet card, no error. Installed hard drive started machine, no error. Installed ethernet card, restarted machine got error. I am now replacing the ethernet card to resolve issue.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Enter the Service mode following the procedure below.
1) Turn off the printer.
2) Turn on the printer while holding down the [Paper Source] button and [Information] button.
* Keep pressing the above buttons until "Initializing" appears on the display.
3) "S" is displayed in the upper right corner of the display showing the version.
4) After display of "Online", pressing the [Menu] button displays the SERVICE MODE top menu and the MESSAGE LED flashes.
during the warm up cycle the carriage has to reach both ends of the scan platten if for any reason it is not able to achive this it throws the error Paper jam or 86:01 ( both mean the same thhing)
what you need to do:-
1) disconnect the plotter from the mains
2) open the central lid and using a torch look carefully along the carriage path for any obstacles or debris that may interfere with the carriage motion.
3) assuming there is no obvious blockages look carefully at the carriage drive belt to see if the imprinted teeth have worn off you may also see what looks like mouse droppings on the print platen
4) remove the right end cap - move the sercvice staion out of the way of the carriage and then gently ease the carriage to both left and right extents checking all the while for debris, leave the carriage on the left and leave the service station out of home position, return the mains lead and allow th plotter to initialize checking to see if the plotter is able to move both assemblies as required.if not then call out a qualifed enginner to replace defective drive belt or carriage assembly or indeed the service station
I have had two of my Canon plotters give this error.message, I had to
manually move the carriage unit and replace the printhead. On one of
the plotters the error message returned, on the second plotter I was
able to go into service mode where it asked me to replace the printhead.
I just went though the motions since the printhead was brand new and I
was able to get the plotter to function correctly.
Power off and unplug the printer for several minutes. On power on the
printer had the same "ERROR E196-4040 Call For Service" after
Initialization. Next start the printer in Service Mode,
turn on the printer while holding down the [Paper Source/Feeder
Selection] button and [Information] button until Initializing appeared
in the display. An "S" will appear in the upper right of the version
display. Power down and do a normal Power On and the printer should do a normal initialization and came On Line.
Something is blocking the printhead cleaner assembly from moving forward and backward. Turn the plotter off, open the printhead cleaner access cover (RH side) and see if you can move the cleaners to the front of the machine. If you can move them fairly easily, then try (with the plotter still off) to move the carriage assembly (holds the printheads) to the left of the machine. Check the condition of the carriage belt for frayed areas or missing belt teeth. (I suspect a worn out carriage belt is causing the problem) With the cleaner assembly to the front, and the carriage to the left, turn the plotter back on and see if the error continues.
I have had two of my Canon plotters give this error.message, I had to manually move the carriage unit and replace the printhead. On one of the plotters the error message returned, on the second plotter I was able to go into service mode where it asked me to replace the printhead. I just went though the motions since the printhead was brand new and I was able to get the plotter to function correctly.