Question about Accutek AOJ-1601 Stand (Pedestal) Fan

1 Answer

Accutek aoj-1601 stand fan problem

A heavy cloth was left over the fan vent, and I think the motor burned out. It's not working anymore. Can this be fixed, cheaply, or should I just toss this fan and get a new one?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Master:

    An expert who has achieved Level 3.

  • Master
  • 788 Answers

An electric motor shop may be able to rebuild the motor for you, or you may be able to find a motor with the same ratings. Chances are this would be pricier than a new fan though.

Posted on Jun 23, 2008

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hello My Leisure Rangemaster is smoking like mad from the vents . I've had to turn it of instantly - it stank of " burn" ? Could this be the fan motor by any chance ?


Hello Lisa,

I love these cookers, they are beautiful.

FIRST OF ALL, REMOVE THE PLUG

Then pull the cooker out of its place and unscrew the backplate on the side where you think the problem is.
When it really is the ventilator, you will find then some very dark colored wires.
The reason for this is most often a bad contact.
When the wire is not burned to much, remove the burned connection, clean it and put it back again.
In case of a really bad burne wire, do not replace the wire, but use shrink hose
Just be sure that the connection is ok again.
Replacing Burned Wire Connection in Oven Mom in Music City

The second link is of a VW Samba, but illustrates what can happen. Then you can immagine that nothing will work anymore

TheSamba com Gallery burned wire

Jan 14, 2017 | Rangemaster Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

My BaByliss blow dryer smells like burnt when I turn it on and I seen like a spark is it going to work anymore


DRYER SMELLS LIKE BURNING:

Answer:First, Stop using your dryer until this problem is resolved. This is a fire hazard and could cause a fire.
Your issue is more than likely alint build up problem. The lint that comes off of your clothes as you dry them becomes trapped in the dryer itself and in the venting duct that connects from the back of the dryer to the wall.
The first thing to do is todisconnect powerby unplugging the dryer cord from the wall. Slide the dryer away from the wall slowly.Remove the hose ductthat attaches to the back of the dryer. Look inside the hose duct and if you see heavy lint build up, that is most likely your problem. If you have a shop vac vacuum or similar, use the long wand attachment tovacuum out the lintthat is in the duct. The best way to do this is to completely remove the vent duct from the wall and dryer.Vacuum the inside of the ductto clean it out. Alsovacuum in the vent hole in the wallwhere the duct attaches to the wall and remove any lint that may be blocking air flow. Put everything back together and test your dryer to see if the burning smell has been resolved.


NOTE: There may be heavy build up of lint deep in the wall. You can purchase aDryer Vent Cleaning Kitthat may make your job of cleaning the vent much easier. However, it may be best to call a Dryer Vent Cleaning Company as they have the equipment that is needed to remove all lint in the wall that could cause a fire. We know everyone wants to save money and "do it yourself" but when it comes to safety, money should not be an issue.
If the burning smell is still present, you cantake the dryer apartandtry vacuuming out any lintthat may be built up on the inside of the dryer. Do a search for your dryer model name and number onGoogleto see how your particular dryer model is disassembled. If you are not comfortable taking your dryer apart then it is advised to call an appliance repair company as your issue can cause a fire.
There are other reasons for your dryer to have a burning smell. There could be an electrical issue inside your dryer. This may mean that a certain part or electrical board is going bad or is bad. Another common reason for this issue is something is near the heating element inside the dryer and causing the burning smell. If you have an older clothes dryer, it may be possible that the components are past its life span and it is time to purchase a new dryer. If you want your dryer to be looked at by a professional, it may be time to call an appliance repair company to come out and check your dryer.
There are plenty of videos that can help you to determine what may be wrong with your dryer. There are a few videos below that may assist you with troubleshooting and disassembling your dryer.
The belt
In some dryers, a belt turns the drum. This belt can slip off, which can cause it to start melting. Because it is usually made of rubber, it will then produce a very strong, unpleasant burning odor. If your drum is not turning smoothly or properly, and you notice a bad burning smell, your belt is probably damaged.
THE MOTOR
Dryers have motors, and as they age, they can burn out just like any other motor. This causes a very strong burning smell, and your dryer will either not run at all, or it will run poorly and with a lot of noise.
Read more :http://www.ehow.com/list_7173741_causes-burning-smell-dryer.html
Causes of Burning Smell in Your Dryer eHow
26171680-oapxde4i4xilao2yajjw0iov-2-0.jpg

26171680-oapxde4i4xilao2yajjw0iov-2-2.jpg

26171680-oapxde4i4xilao2yajjw0iov-2-5.jpg

26171680-oapxde4i4xilao2yajjw0iov-2-9.jpg

Apr 22, 2016 | BaByliss Dryers

1 Answer

Jilbere Porcelain Series Hair Dryer.the blower doesnt work anymore,it happens when I was drying my hair.The motor smells normal not burned and I already check buttons for reset and no luck.


On the end there shouldbe a vent which houses the fan you should be able to open this by twisting ? Chech to see if there is hair/fluff/dust blocking this if it's not able to move the motor won't have anything to keep it cooled resulting in smelling burning as the caught up hair fluff and dust burn hope this helps :-)

Jun 08, 2014 | Dryers

1 Answer

Burning smell wm0642h mold


often this problem can be the motor bushes. check the motor for black powder. this is a sign of brush wear.

Nov 20, 2013 | LG WM1814CW Front Load Washer

1 Answer

Hdf1209


your motors thermal fuse has burned out you have to buy a new fan sorry but they are made so cheaply unlike the ones that i have which were made in the 70's and are still working but those fans have a thermal fuse and if you let the on for too long they will burn out

Dec 31, 2011 | Holmes Products HAOF90-UC Table Fan

1 Answer

My Simpson Sirocco 3500 clothes dryer emits burning smell!


1)check for something stuck between drum and dryer housing 2)check for stuck vent flapper at exhaust opening outside 3) check dryer lint screen

Nov 05, 2009 | Dryers

1 Answer

Just had new brushes put in and it only worked for haif a wash and blew and brushes gone its done it 2 times


Is this another DC operated washer? It sounds like the motor is trying to drive a very heavy load (not of clothes) which could mean bad bearings in the transmission (or out of lubrication). It could also be a very cheaply made motor that cannot do it's job. Look for clothes or other debris that are not where they belong that might be hanging up the agitator or tub motion.

Aug 18, 2009 | Washing Machines

1 Answer

GE Microwave JVM1190, fan does not turn and fuse is arcing


If your motor runs freely and normally, I would not worry about the charred or burn smell as that will be there for a while. You can however to lessen that smell is to power everthing off and unplug the ac cord and use isopropyl alcohol with a cleaning brush like they use to clean circuit boards and clean the area thoroughly where the hot spot was. In that way in the future if you have a problem in that same area that persists after your initial fix then you can pin point it to the particular spot if it is a component that for instance drive the motor or is part of that circuitry. However, I do not think you will have anymore problems once you change the belt.

Feb 09, 2009 | GE JVM1190 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Accutek AOJ-1601 Stand (Pedestal) Fan Logo

Related Topics:

323 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Accutek Dryers Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

78267 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

50305 Answers

 Russ Hill
Russ Hill

Level 3 Expert

3885 Answers

Are you an Accutek Dryer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...