Just had ribbon replaced but now when I switch it on and push a button it just switches off..the technician tells me the battery is flat and thats why its doing that,but charged it fully last night..Help
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are not a Technician or if you have no knowledge about mobile and how to repair it, you'll not be able to replace it. There are two switches for Power, one at the outside and one in the inside is which directly connected to the phone's motherboard. If the outer button is damaged, you'll need to replace it, but the thing is that you have to replace it with the suitable or compatible power button. But if it's the inner switch, you'll need to solder it on the mainboard. This is to be done only by certified/experienced technician. There are mainly three types of power switches for Nokia mobile, when you ask for power switches at the mobile spares shop, they will give you the compatible switch for your Mobile depending on the model.
Let me know if you need further help.
Thanks for using FixYa.
1. First do a CUSTOM reset: * 2767 * 2878 # (star 2767 star 2878 hash)
turn off the phone
2. take out the battery and sim and put wrong network SIM and insert a
HALF of it, ie half in and half out and slip the battery in behind it,
this is important
so it won't ask for network password and shows "Insert SIM" message.
Now put the battery, and switch the phone on. (Phone shows "Insert SIM"
3.With out turning off the phone push the sim fully in. At this stage
the phone is still asking to "Insert SIM"
4. Make a FULL reset by typing: * 2767 * 3855 # (star 2767 star 3855
5. The phone should reboot working with "wrong" sim inside.
6. Make a Change the NCK password to 8 zeros by typing: * 7465625 * 638 *
00000000 * 00000000 #
(star 7465625 star 638 star 8zeros star 8zeros hash)
7. Now Disable network lock By typing: # 7465625 * 638 * 00000000 #