Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Taking laptop to Italy & England

I'm taking my new HP laptop to Italy & England. Do I need a converter to plug it in or just the plug adapters for each country? I was told by someone that the laptop is dual voltage.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,940 Answers

You just need a plug adapter kit, the AC adapter is dual voltage and auto sensing.

Posted on Jun 23, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Is a power converter needed in europe? Or can I just use a plug adapter.

Have a look at the label on the power adapter, if it supports 110 - 240 volts then it will be OK.

Mar 12, 2012 | ASUS Eee PC 1000HE Netbook

1 Answer

Installed new areal great reading on meter but will not receive channels. Also cannot find instruction manual.Its an Logic model no LCXW19LN1

This model number indicates a set sold in England. Are you trying to receive signals in England? Transmission frequencies differ by country.
Also, according to Wikipedia, different parts of the UK are switching to digital transmission at different dates up to 2012. It is possible you need an adapter box (in US about $40 US) to convert digital transmissions to analog.

Oct 10, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I will go in Italy , may I use 220 V to charge my Philishave 5825 ?

If your shaver is a 110/120 V-AC razor, you MUST use a voltage converter that will allow you to charge/use your shaver while on your trip.

I would not reccommend you attempt to use it directly, since you still would need a special cord with a plug for the different outlets in Europe.

Purchase a converter/adapter kit and you can use anything with your existing power cords, with the proper adapters in the kit, without an worries.

Have a great trip and hope you find this Very Helpful. Best regards!

Sep 07, 2009 | Philips Health & Beauty

1 Answer

I am traveling to italy. My sony dvd 101 handycam

In Europe and other countries the voltages are higher and you'll need an adapter to plug your charger into.
You can usually find them sold at department stores near or in the luggage section.

Aug 04, 2009 | Video Cameras

1 Answer

Voltage adapters/transformers necessary for use in Germany and Austria

Hi there.
All you have to get is the plug adapter when you go to the different countries, in most european counties exept UK you will find all the plug adapters are the same which in turn will save you money, buy the plug adapters when you get the country you are going to and take your power supply with you so they know what type of adapter you need, most european adapters are 2 pin.

Good luck and thanks for using FixYa!!

May 12, 2009 | Gateway M305CRV Notebook

1 Answer

Converting HP 4L laser printer to "plug and play"

You need a "usb" (the connector on your laptop), to "parallel" (the connector on the printer) adapter. May be hard to find these days as parallel printer ports are fairy obsolete, but they may have one.

Mar 26, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4L Printer

1 Answer

More a Question Than a Problem

May 21, 2008 | Norelco 3601 X Electric Shaver

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

280 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14162 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides